This forum is bad

So I am reading up a couple of posts of people making impulse purchases on ebay - I think I would never do that. I find myself wandering to ebay and low and behold end up making a impulse purchase) I have been tempted by a schick - now just not sure what I have bought - anyone help?

Either way looks a perfect example in a very nice box.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 76
That's a bonny razor, I especially like the butterscotch handle. There are more injector lovers than me, but I couldn't get either of the two I've used to give me a shave. Although Norfolk Dick and Dodgy are champions of the injectors, they might be able to identify the model. Congrats on your buy. I wish they would work for me, because they are lovely looking bits of kit.

I've not tried an injector - so will be an experience once I receive it. Worse case if it doesn't work I'm sure I'll be able to sell it on. The look of it won me over.

Also I see connaught has injector blades from personna and amazon does a schick - these the only options? One better than the other?

Nrahuf said:
I've not tried an injector - so will be an experience once I receive it. Worse case if it doesn't work I'm sure I'll be able to sell it on. The look of it won me over.

Also I see connaught has injector blades from personna and amazon does a schick - these the only options? One better than the other?

Hi there,

Scott's right about me having a thing for injectors. Started out with those before getting into DEs and tried most versions out there.

Looks like you probably have an E type.....a very early model with a real bakelite handle. Couple things to mention about that thing.

First and foremost, do NOT screw around with that spring under the head. In theory it's used to open up and clean the head better, but in practice you can do some damage if things go south. And they most likely will and cause the head not to close tightly ever again. Seen it more than once.

Don't use those old blades.....probably from the 1930s-40s and most probably will be junk. Between the blades Paul sells and the Amazon Schicks, go with the Schick blade. However, you need to make sure they're the ones made in China and NOT Germany.

Finally, those E type injectors are quite aggressive, so go slowly at first till you figure out the technique. You will need to apply a little pressure most likely in certain areas, since injectors weigh so little. The one you have is a very popular model, although it's too much for me.

Maybe try something milder like a J or L type to see the difference. These old razors are capable of providing a really nice shave, but they can take some experimenting.

Martin

Here's a pic of a great combo. It's the Schick adjustable M type, paired with a very sharp old blade from the late 60s-early 70s. You find any of those blades, you buy em.

Attachments

• Schick M type combo 002 (Small).jpg
    Schick M type combo 002 (Small).jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 43
Martin

Appreciate the advice. Definitely was not tempted to try the blades it will come with. Will check out the schick blades on amazon and ensure they Chinese.

My goto razors at the mo is the cobra with super blade or a streamline or mmoc - is the angle/ aggressive much different to these?

Looking forward to getting the razor and trying it out now

Sad I know)

Nrahuf said:
Martin

My goto razors at the mo is the cobra with super blade or a streamline or mmoc - is the angle/ aggressive much different to these?

Looking forward to getting the razor and trying it out now

Ah, ok, you've been trying different shaving crap I see. Good, that will give me a reference. Heh, I was trying not to spook you, but now I don't have to worry.

That injector's nothing like any of the 1912 like SEs, but much more closely resembles the Cobra. Heh, there's some differences, but at least it'll be easy for you to figure the plan of attack angle out.

One great thing about the Cobra is the weight. Another is the blades it takes. So nice and sharp, unless they're too sharp. That does happen, as in my case.

The E type weighs barely an ounce, with not much of that in the head. The injector blades made now aren't quite as sharp as some of the vintage ones, so there's that to know about if you like a very sharp blade. The Gillette in my pic is one, and so is the Personna74 blades. People have even cut down a Feather blade to fit injectors (featherjector).

So there you go. If you're serious about giving injectors a fair shot it might take some doing. Heh, I hope this doesn't scare anyone off trying these things. I was a little worried about you hurting yourself with that bloodsucking bakelite beauty, but no problem since you already use aggressive razors.

Martin

Greetings

Martin has said it all, it is a Schick E. They shave really well and are many peoples favourites but not mine, I rarely use mine without getting a few weepers, they are not silly aggressive but mine nearly always bites me. In all honesty I do not know why, I have more aggressive razors that I have no problem with.

You will know within a couple of shaves if you like this model or not, if like me you are less than keen there are very very many different and more forgiving models.

Regards
Dick.

I have most of the injector range and find them all nice shavers. One thing I did notice is that there is a fair variance even between two razors of the same type. For example, I have 3 of the E types, one of which is quite aggressive, while the other two are reasonably mild. These injectors are easy to use, need very little learning curve to get used to, and even those termed "aggressive" I would term "efficient" rather than being little biters. Happy shaving!

Yes, this forum is very bad but the people, myself excluded naturally, are generally of a very high standard. Mind you that yankee fellow Martin is one to watch out for......the greatest bequeather of monkeys ever!

majortom said:
I have 3 of the E types, I would term "efficient" rather than being little biters.

Gairdner said:
Mind you that yankee fellow Martin is one to watch out for......the greatest bequeather of monkeys ever!

Yeah Tom, the E type is very efficient at drawing blood. Damn things bite like a rabid bulldog. The exact one was my first attempt with the injector, and talk about the worst one to luck into at a store. Tried using that for over a week.......looked like I had some weird sunburn and my face felt lousy. Put me off trying any other injector for many months.

Big G, I know you're kidding about me enabling anybody. Only thing I might do (very rarely) is maybe mention something that worked for me. Yeah, that's all it is.....yep.

Only thing I got going is I started this goofy 'hobby' before most members here and have a little more experience to draw from. See.......it's an innocent kinda thing.

How's that sound?

Martin

dodgy said:
majortom said:
I have 3 of the E types, I would term "efficient" rather than being little biters.

Gairdner said:
Mind you that yankee fellow Martin is one to watch out for......the greatest bequeather of monkeys ever!

Big G, I know you're kidding about me enabling anybody. Only thing I might do (very rarely) is maybe mention something that worked for me. Yeah, that's all it is.....yep.

Only thing I got going is I started this goofy 'hobby' before most members here and have a little more experience to draw from. See.......it's an innocent kinda thing.

How's that sound?

Martin

Ahem..........:dodgy::dodgy::dodgy::p

missingskin said:
See.......it's an innocent kinda thing.

Martin

Ahem..........:dodgy::dodgy::dodgy::p
[/quote]

Ok, there are a couple exceptions, and we just happen to like similar shaving crap related items. So maybe if I mention something wonderful, you are one of the few people who might be interested in my opinion. That's all it is, missingchin. We is communicating!

Your sincerely not enabling bestest buddy,

Marv

Back
Top Bottom