thewiskeredbat strops on Ebay UK?

I've seen these strops on Ebay UK for a while and often wondered if they are any good as a first strop for someone starting out? They are cheap enough that if you nick them a few times its no great disaster.

They are made by a leather worker so aren't one of the imported cheap tat that floods the bay but equally that doesn't automatically mean they are any good.

Clearly they won't be the same quality as a Neil Miller creation but has anyone tried them, and if so what are your impressions?

I have one of those and I use it on all my smaller razors and find it very good. The one I have is this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIRST-ENGLISH-THICK-LEATHER-RAZOR-STROP-FINEST-/130538272474?pt=UK_Health_HairRemoval_RL&hash=item1e64aff6da

I had to cut the canvas off it as I couldnt get it tight when I pulled it however the leather is very good and I get nice smooth shaves from it.

Thats good to know, obviously Neil's strops will be better but for someone looking for a cheap and cheerful introduction to straight shaving those look like they would be a better bet than the majority in that price bracket.

Back
Top Bottom