The Hunt or the Feast?

Tried hard to see where this topic belongs, please forgive me if you find it suitable elsewhere.

Past couple of days thinking.. Are we addicted more to the joy of shaving and having a rewarding SOTD or is it more about the hunt, the research, the ordering followed by the waiting to keep trying something new?

I'm sure it's a bit of both. But which is more?

The joy ...

I spend my day thinking about which of my (almost 100) razors I'll use and what I'll use with it. It's a bit like what I might eat for dinner or what I might drink - it all depends on mood and how the day went. When I get home, I get straight out for a walk, say 3-5 miles and around an hour out, de-stress, let it all go, get home and shave. Really wind down.

Dinner is then excellent and the evening very productive.

It's the joy, for me. I think I've "hunted" enough now and can enjoy an almost everlasting "feast".

Love the prep.

Shaving is great, first pass my favourite but the choosing the blade, choosing the soap, soaking the brush, warming your mug whipping your soap into a lovely thick rich lather, applying the warm flannel to your face - bloody amazing !

For me it's the feast, I do stray off to the 'hunt' now and then, but my real satisfaction is the shave, not the acquisition of the hardware and software.

Had I not enjoyed the shave, my acquisitions would never have started....

pjgh said:
The joy ...

I spend my day thinking about which of my (almost 100) razors I'll use and what I'll use with it. It's a bit like what I might eat for dinner or what I might drink - it all depends on mood and how the day went. When I get home, I get straight out for a walk, say 3-5 miles and around an hour out, de-stress, let it all go, get home and shave. Really wind down.

Dinner is then excellent and the evening very productive.

It's the joy, for me. I think I've "hunted" enough now and can enjoy an almost everlasting "feast".

Brilliant!!!! What an answer :)

UKRob said:
Ffarouki - I think you're addicted to asking questions.

I'm addicted to LEARNING.

The idea is I ask questions > I interact with people who share the same hobby as me > we all have a good time sharing our views > I learn something new and possibly make a few good friends in the process.

Thanks to you, I have a kamisori I really like, I know I should strop it as a regular western, etc.

Last thought, I'm new.. Few months from now I'll possibly be answering people's questions in turn :)

I really enjoyed trying a variety of products and techniques. Through trial and error I'm now settled. I know what I like and now stick to it. Spending limited only to replacement of very few things.

Fido said:
I really enjoyed trying a variety of products and techniques. Through trial and error I'm now settled. I know what I like and now stick to it. Spending limited only to replacement of very few things.

That's what I'm aiming for! Expensive and fun getting there...

Back
Top Bottom