The Chap

I thought that this would amuse you:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thechap.net/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thechap.net/index.html</a><!-- m -->

Good to see that the traditions (and dress sense) of the English gentry are in safe hands.

Regards

Ian

I have read it for years.

Went from A5 size to A4 for a while which was a bit silly.

Order restored and I'm a happy chap again.

I have picked up a copy from time to time, but being a fleece/corduroy sort of chap I find it far too tweedist in doctrine.
And besides, I loathe cravats.
(What's the point of going open-necked only to wrap a band of hard silk around one's throat? - might just as well button-up and wear a tie)

SirPrize said:
I have picked up a copy from time to time, but being a fleece/corduroy sort of chap I find it far too tweedist in doctrine.
(What's the point of going open-necked only to wrap a band of hard silk around one's throat? - might just as well button-up and wear a tie)

And I had you down as a tweed wearer, Anthony. But only at the weekend, obviously!

Regards

Ian

Dermot O'Logical said:
SirPrize said:

And I had you down as a tweed wearer, Anthony. But only at the weekend, obviously!
Regards
Ian
Tweed is of course great stuff - it wears like iron and stays warm even when wet - however it also doubles in weight when wet and is a bugger to keep clean and fresh.
I feel it has been left behind by modern breathable and quick-drying washable materials.

SirPrize said:
Tweed is of course great stuff - it wears like iron and stays warm even when wet - however it also doubles in weight when wet and is a bugger to keep clean and fresh.
I feel it has been left behind by modern breathable and quick-drying washable materials.

Oh Anthony, you so disappoint me. And hard silk? An oxymoron if ever I heard one. Are you sure your cravat is not made out of 'modern breathable and quick drying materials'?? Although, silk dries really fast, can be put in the washing machine at 40 celcius (dispite what the label may tell you) and is certainly breathable.

soapalchemist said:
Oh Anthony, you so disappoint me. And hard silk? An oxymoron if ever I heard one. Are you sure your cravat is not made out of 'modern breathable and quick drying materials'?? Although, silk dries really fast, can be put in the washing machine at 40 celcius (dispite what the label may tell you) and is certainly breathable.
My cravat? - quelle horreur!
Possibly you refer to the soft pliable silk used in the making of underwear.
Have you never heard of the privilege ( :? ) Peers had of being hanged by a silken rope?
The sort of silk used in the manufacture of neck-wear is fully lined and of a much heavier and thicker weave than other silks otherwise it would never hold it's shape.
Sorry about the tweed though - another illusion shattered?

soapalchemist said:
Illusions shattered indeed Sirprize; and a gentleman would leave my underwear out of it. ;)
At no point did I make any reference to your underwear Madam - the very idea!
And furthermore I would prefer that you did not use a "wink" emoticon when dealing with this sort of thing - at least on a thread where I have posted.

Anthony; please accept my humble apologies, my comment was of course in jest, and I certainly won't descend into vulgar winking when communicating with you again. Mea culpa, mea culpa. :oops:
And I did of course know that you were not referring to my underwear; Legal Aid remuneration doesn't stretch to that kind of luxury. Nor does making soap.

I hope you will accept this far more tasteful emoticon as a token of my affection.
makeup.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom