TGS Virtual shop tour

Hello,

We are currently investigating adding a virtual shop tour of The Gentleman's Shop to our website.

There is a trial version available online which I thought you might like a look at, <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.estatevue.com/platform/kelowna/internal/hungerford.html">http://www.estatevue.com/platform/kelow ... rford.html</a><!-- m -->.

Regards, Robert

Robert,
Just taken the tour - I must say that I like concept of modern glass & chrome shopfitting within a listed building containing visible beams and wooden doors, emphasizing the compatibility of modern products with traditional skills.
Bauhaus meets Elizabethan and it works!

SirPrize said:
Robert,
Just taken the tour - I must say that I like concept of modern glass & chrome shopfitting within a listed building containing visible beams and wooden doors, emphasizing the compatibility of modern products with traditional skills.
Bauhaus meets Elizabethan and it works!

It's actually more out of necessity that we have modern shopfittings.

The building dates back to 1520 and is troubled by damp so to let the building breath we have a tiled floor and minimal contact between shopfittings and walls. The shelving units are about 20cm away from the wall so the original parts of the building have not been harmed by our occupancy. We also have an "open door" policy so that as much fresh air as possible circulates and keeps the humidity in check. You must have a passion for old buildings to own something this old, it is a real money pit, but you also know in your heart that you must do the best by it to pass it on to future generations.

To most people though, it just looks great.

Thank you for your kind comments, Robert

If I am ever in your part of the country I will certainly make a point of dropping in. I do agree that there is no substitute for hand on comparison and you shop not only has this but clearly you have been sympathetic to the building. Expensive but I bet it makes going to work that little bit more pleasurable.

The shop it is an asset to the UK (through mail order) and to your local community, well done Robert.

Can you please open a shop in Scotland? I would offer to run it but it would be comparable to putting a drug addict in a prarmacy…:D

Back
Top Bottom