Ted's Grooming Room balm and cologne

Having posted a quick review of Ted's Grooming Room shave cream a few weeks ago, I thought I'd sample a few other products from same new range and give my first impressions.

First up, the post-shave balm, which is advertised as being usable both before and after the shave. Glycerin and sweet almond oil feature high on the ingredients list and it's a relatively thick cream, but it does absorb into the skin quite easily. The scent has most of the same fragrance notes as the rest of the range, but I also detect a good deal more eucalyptus in this one.

Next, the cologne. This is in the style of a traditional splash with the range's signature spicy citrus scent, which smells kind of 'modern' to me (if that makes any sense). Unfortunately, while pleasant enough the fragrance has very little longevity - I think it's gone after just a couple of hours on my skin.

An interesting range, widely available and at a decent price point, but in my view not quite up there with some of the scents and textures offered by the 'traditional' wet-shaving brands.

Back
Top Bottom