Taylor of Bond street

Has anyone tried the new TOBS Coconut Cream ?

i love the GFT Cream which is my fav, if this performs close then could be great..

the GFT Cream contains Coconut oil which is a real bonus, but i think the TOBS version is the standard cream recipe with synthetic fragrance added.........can anyone confirm this ? as if so i won't bother as i have nearly all the TOBS creams but find GFT to be much better....

Steve

I don't think many folk have their hands on the Coconut cream yet. I'd expect a wave of reviews in the coming weeks though.

I really like the Jermyn st scent and Mr Taylor. My question is are the creams better than the soaps or vise versa. Im going to the store in a few weeks and want to stock up. Ive only used TOBS sample pots of creams and find them excellent. But I do like soaps. Jurys out??

Hi I own the entire range of TOBS creams and love most of them. OK what I've found is if you use too much cream and not enough water they all dry your face out or can cause a little itchiness nothing compared to full on irritation but can be tingly not in a mentholated way. TOBS coconut is nothing compared to trumpers coconut IMHO. trumpers wins hands down. TOBS version isn't a bad choice it smells like dessicated coconut and performs similar to the grapefruit just slicker. I've returned some TOBS back to sellers and TOBS themselves when they have come to me quite dry and hard (old stock I was told) they should be 'creamy in texture and moist to the touch' (quote from TOBS themselves).

Best scents are Eton college, Grapefruit, sandalwood and Mr Taylors. Jermyn makes me itch like I have crabs (never had crabs for the record) so recently sold this. Not tried any of their hard soaps simply because the creams are easier to validate as old stock or new and perform superbly.

In terms of skin care I would choose avocado, or Mr Taylors cream. Many people quote almond here, I agree that's it's good although the scent of strong marzipan may make others think it's too perfumed so can't be great.

I would never again buy the lemon and lime. To me it smelt like lemon flash toilet cleaner. I also wouldn't buy their luxury post shave cream again or Jermyn Street as both caused my skin to itch. Everything else cream and cologne wise is quality. If I had to choose one for my remaining shaves it would be sandalwood but I would argue with myself over Eton college too. Of course YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom