Swedish food in Lidl

Is this the real McCoy Mikael?

IMAG0459_zps23297d73.jpg

The pepper drops are, erm, interesting.

They taste like an aniseed boiled sweet that's been filled with urine.

I'm not sure I'll be finishing the bag!

Tall_Paul said:
The pepper drops are, erm, interesting.

They taste like an aniseed boiled sweet that's been filled with urine.

I'm not sure I'll be finishing the bag!

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: if they are swedish,they're probably lowest of the low :s

I've wondered about the pepper drops! They're supposed to be Danish but when I worked in Kobenhavn I never saw these, maybe I wasn't paying attention! I have no idea if they're authentic.
I've had the Lidl Sodergarden "Danish" pork crackling, it's not bad. Not the same as you'd get for dinner with your pork in Denmark, but not bad for a snack. Again I never saw any in Denmark. Sodergarden is purely a Lidl product / brand name.

Canuck said:
I've wondered about the pepper drops! They're supposed to be Danish but when I worked in Kobenhavn I never saw these, maybe I wasn't paying attention! I have no idea if they're authentic.
I've had the Lidl Sodergarden "Danish" pork crackling, it's not bad. Not the same as you'd get for dinner with your pork in Denmark, but not bad for a snack. Again I never saw any in Denmark. Sodergarden is purely a Lidl product / brand name.

Ah, I see!

They had some very interesting stuff in tonight, and their luxury range looks superb.

I got some tins of curry for a quid. They are very good indeed. Had curry and oven chips and it was like being a student again. Just to carry on the feeling I got some Katy cider from Lidl too so I'll be snoring well tonight.

They sell those oat flat-pack wafers in Ikea so they must be authentic, you'll find the instructions on how to build a chest of drawers on the inside.

antdad said:
They sell those oat flat-pack wafers in Ikea so they must be authentic, you'll find the instructions on how to build a chest of drawers on the inside.

You can't be slagging off the ikea food hall!!! Last time I was there, a while ago I must admit, it was full of such delights as Marabou chocolate and Kopperberg cider, in all the flavours imaginable. To be fair all the other Kopperberg's flavours sucked and the pear was second to Jersey's St. helier cider. However, as an offshore worker, our bets rarely involve money, Saturday football coupon an bonus ball aside, it's usually for cokes and mars bars. But, if a Marabou is on the line we make damn sure were right before making that bet!

Back
Top Bottom