Summer Balm

Hi,

I have greasy skin but in the winter months use Nivea ASB without problems.

On warmer days or in hot weather I find that I tend to get spots when using this, but cant do without some form of balm to calm my skin down after shaving. My post shave process is:

icy cold water
alum block
Lucky Tiger A/S
Nivea Balm

Can anyone suggest a light non greasy balm that would be good for greasy skin please?

Cheers,
BR

i used to use balm all the time, but last summer i decided to bite the bullett and go without in the summer. my skin felt loads better for it, i cant do without a balm in the winter but it may be worth trying an experiment with yourself and try just using aftershave and see how it goes.

If you have oily skin, you can probably cope with a lotion containing a small amount of alcohol, such as Acqua di Parma's after sahve lotion (from the Barbiere range). Alternatively, there is Trumper's Skin Food - I suggest the Coral version.

Having said that if you still feel you need a balm, Roger & Gallet's "L'Homme" ASB is superb in warm/hot weather!!

You can water down a regular balm/cream by adding a small amount of WitchHazel until you get the desired consistancy or use some Lavender Hydrolat to splash your face with after a shave, you can also use the Hydrolat to water down a cream. It's a relatively inexpensive option and makes a nice light non greasy balm.

What Isaiah53 said and to which I add "4711" as a splash or Alcolado Glacial, also a spalsh. Neither are balms, both have alcohol (which will attack the greasiness) and will give you a buzz.

Back
Top Bottom