strop paste for linen

As long as it is white paste (Dovo also - confusingly - call it grey paste) for linen/canvas, then work it well into the stop. You will most probably use the whole of the tube, as a lot of it gets caught in the 'ribbing' of the material.

Regards,
Neil

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought OP was asking for specific advice on how to spread the stuff? In other words, should he spread it with his fingers, a paper towel, a spatula?

Personally, I don't know as I don't use the stuff, I'd imagine lightly spreading it with your fingers or a wooden stick would be sufficient.

asharperrazor said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought OP was asking for specific advice on how to spread the stuff? In other words, should he spread it with his fingers, a paper towel, a spatula?

Personally, I don't know as I don't use the stuff, I'd imagine lightly spreading it with your fingers or a wooden stick would be sufficient.

You should read the other posts before replying...

Jamie says it is chalk based, I said to work it in well. Does it matter what you use? Chalk never hurt anybody, so use your fingers, other parts of your anatomy, a cloth, a spatula, a bricklayers trowel, a pineapple - whatever pleases you.

A bit of commonsense never goes amiss in my experience...

Neil Miller said:
asharperrazor said:

You should read the other posts before replying...

Jamie says it is chalk based, I said to work it in well. Does it matter what you use? Chalk never hurt anybody, so use your fingers, other parts of your anatomy, a cloth, a spatula, a bricklayers trowel, a pineapple - whatever pleases you.

A bit of commonsense never goes amiss in my experience...

Knowing its chalk based doesn't really help the OP know how to apply it does it?

Does it matter what we use? Probably not, but that was the OP's question was it not?

Back
Top Bottom