Stirling Soap Co. Grapefruit Shaving Soap

Another one through the wringer, final thoughts:

These soaps come with a good reputation and my experience boar that out. In fact one of the shaves was the best I'd had in a long time, pushing over from very good to great.

Slickness was good, providing a nice level of protection. That was to be expected considering it contains tallow, lanolin and Shea butter. It was pretty easy to lather too, though I did find that with later passes I had to work it up. More so than most products.

Post shave feel was generally very good, but it did leave my skin a little dry most of the time (as I find with many products, so that be my methodology).

The fragrance was a bit of a let down. To be fair, I only had a sample and it was kept in an open bowl, rather than a sealed container, but even at its strongest it was more of a suggestion than a solid fragrance. I don't think (that's) the case with their other soaps but I'm not the only one to have found that with the grapefruit.

A soap worthy of your time then, and one that appears to have earned that reputation.

Full review here.

Back
Top Bottom