Southampton

As a life long, Southampton born and breed supporter what a fantastic weekend I've just had. I made the 4 hour each way journey and boy was it worth it.

Loads of respect to any Coventry supporters on here, they were a credit to their club. They stayed and watched us celebrate and were shaking hands with Saints supporters. We were in the same pub afterwards and a few were in there, they got bought a few drinks and left rather wobbly. Just the way things should be, banters fun in the ground but nasty bitter rivalry nah, not worth it.

cruciate said:
As a Reading Fan, I salute you and look forward to meeting you next year :)

Well done to Reading too, doesn't it feel good ? Back to back promotion for us is a dream. I was there both times we went down so Saturday well, it left me speechless.

I'm looking forward to Man U and Liverpool Away !!

I was pleased too. I've been a devoted Pompey fan since I first saw them as a small boy in their Championship winning years of 1948/49 and 1949/50. Before I was 10 I was travelling alone from my home in Bedhampton to all their home matches at Fratton Park. I've now lived 17 miles west of Southampton for the past 35 years. Saw them twice at the Dell. Never been to St Mary's and rarely get to Fratton Park either - but I follow every match on local radio.

Unlike many Pompey fans, I'm delighted for Saints fans although I take some pleasure in Pompey denying them the championship with their recent last minute equaliser. I just hope I live to see Pompey join Saints again in the top flight.

Fido said:
I was pleased too. I've been a devoted Pompey fan since I first saw them as a small boy in their Championship winning years of 1948/49 and 1949/50. Before I was 10 I was travelling alone from my home in Bedhampton to all their home matches at Fratton Park. I've now lived 17 miles west of Southampton for the past 35 years. Saw them twice at the Dell. Never been to St Mary's and rarely get to Fratton Park either - but I follow every match on local radio.

Unlike many Pompey fans, I'm delighted for Saints fans although I take some pleasure in Pompey denying them the championship with their recent last minute equaliser. I just hope I live to see Pompey join Saints again in the top flight.

Thanks Peter.

Keep the faith mate, we were close to deaths door at one stage. Football isn't the same with out derbies, let's hope we see more of them, sooner rather than later.

I've never been brave enough to go to Fratton Park. Banter in the ground is fun but you get idiots in EVERY club who take things too far.

Thanks, me too :)

Fido, sad to see Pompeys demise. I really liked them as a team in the premiership and remember fondly them being top of the premier table after 6 matches or so.

Hopefully you will bounce back :)

cruciate said:
Thanks, me too :)

Fido, sad to see Pompeys demise. I really liked them as a team in the premiership and remember fondly them being top of the premier table after 6 matches or so.

Hopefully you will bounce back :)

I left the teletext on all night showing Pompey at the top - I think it was only for 24 hours.

Still, I've got my bell:

http://pompeybellblog.blogspot.co.uk/

i've spent the last 7 years slagging off the irresponsible extravangance of the premiership; for the last two days i've been over the moon about southampton.

hypocrisy?

Back
Top Bottom