SOTD Thursday 29th May

My weapons of choice for today:

IMG_1124_zps52f60c81.jpg

Taylors Lemon and Lime shave cream, Made Rite vintage (courtesy of Jason and the largest brush I've ever owned and enjoyed) Indian buffalo horn shaving bowl - to be fair, this gets used every day - and vintage 'Sprock', purchased from e-bay, honed by self. I was actually very pleased with this purchase - though it needs a little cleaning it is overall in very good condition: a light, 1/2" blade with a slight 'smile'. I know very little about the 'Sprock' other than this was a brand name used by Freidrich Ern & Co in 1895. If anyone has any further details on this brand, I'd be most grateful for the info.

As to the shave itself, the Taylor's produces a nice creamy, citrus scented lather (though nice, I have to say I do prefer the Trumper's 'Limes' cream which has a slightly less zesty fragrance, and lathers - IMHO - slightly better: though theres not that much in it to be fair). The 'Made Rite' is a lovely brush to use: soft on the face and yet firm enough to be positive, and it retains the lather very well. The 'Sprock' performed beautifully and gave a nice clean shave over three passes, one WTG, one Across TG and one ATG.

I only started out on this straight razor "adventure" of mine about two to three months ago and have found myself totally absorbed by all the aspects involved, from acquisition of a good blade, learning how to hone - still a way to got here, though I'm quite proud of my results so far - shaving technique &ct. All of it is not only a steep but greatly rewarding learning curve and I actually find that, for the first time in years, Im really enjoying shaving again!

As the great Stan Lee used to say,
'Nuff said! :blush:

Back
Top Bottom