SOTD: Saturday 5 August - Friday 11 August 2023.

View attachment 109962

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: Rudy Vey Bog Oak STF 23mm
Lather: DR Harris Arlington
Aftershave: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Arran Aromatics EDT

I also shaved my head although didn’t post the details here. I loaded up my Leaf as usual but the screw wouldn’t clamp down, it looks like the thread has stripped. I know that Leaf does a lifetime warranty so went to find the receipt and can‘t find it anywhere, gutted as it’s a phenomenal head shaver. On a positive note I used my Thorn on the dome and it produced a superb result.
I would contact Leaf regardless of receipts.
I would be surprised if they didn't send out a replacement screw.

Friday 11th August

AIL4fc8rkOJ1n1B9UmnoolxeVKzaKJDGnp3g8LmQteokQuN-2z6A6iJPgp9XEMuKqC0XX10TKMPdPX_lgbH9FPqr7X5z6Kr-dGFr1Q40JzXGu59-j-GU6D_WONoD4FPusjMy8x-e-dLO2cmvVHxU8V8RYP50zw=w800

Old Spice (Vintage) Shaving Mug & Coronet (Vulfix) w/Pure Bristle 20mm
Wilkinson Sword Sticky & Blue Sword Platinum (3)
Old Spice (Vintage) Aftershave

Same again, but swapped to the Blue Sword blade.

I would contact Leaf regardless of receipts.
I would be surprised if they didn't send out a replacement screw.
I managed to find the receipt from Agent Shave. I contacted Leaf directly, they replied straight away and said to contact Agent Shave and see if they can sort it out under warranty, if not Leaf say they will sort it out directly but obviously it’ll take longer. I’m not sure if it’s the screw thread or the thread where it goes into the top plate.

A most bodacious of days to you brethren of the Shaving fraternity and I bid you welcome to my shave with the theme, '23'

View attachment 109861

23 razors (a blatant lie there is only one) - Ikon B1
23 Edged blade - Polsilver Lodz
23 bristles - Captain Fawcett's
23 swirls of soap - Signature Soaps Danum
23 something or other - L'Occitane Cade balm

A 23rd wedded bliss anniversary shave starring a host of nice shaving bits. 23 years our second time around that is. This is our second time married to each other and the longest I know of in our bizarre (and probably illegal) status. My wedding song played at the wedding.......

And Mrs Satanfriendly's for today.....

'And I cast you to the depths of hell and the eternal pits of fire'

'Oh, you mean home then?'

A new blade and a very polished performance from a very polished act in the Ikon B1. So impressed by the Danum the other day I thought I'd better give it another day out. It also happened to be sat at the top of the pile and an easy reach for.

Throw it altogether in wedded harmony and voila ici, a most smooth and polished finish. Just the tonic to go with the 8 O'clock gin. A happy day and a happy shave to start it all off.

In all honesty I think 23 years a second time around says it is not all fire and brimstone and Mrs Satanfriendly is really a superb partner at heart. Just I'm rubbish.

Over to those darling Beaver girls to end this SOTD on. Have a lovely day people...

Belated happy anniversary C.
Hope you had a great day!

Fri 11th August

Cyril Salter/ MS ED2band
Lea Classic soap
RR Hawk V3- A plate
Schick Proline ( 3 )

After a few weeks on the Asylum Injector, move up to The Hawk.The difference in size was not noticeable, and without any hassle got a nice close all round finish. Now that my skin seems more settled might even try an After Shave again. I remember in the 60’s After Shave was a novelty and used for weekends/ special occasions.

View attachment 109937
And with a nod and a wink the barber would ask his customer “something for the weekend sir?” And he wasn’t referring to aftershave :ROFLMAO:

IMG_2558.jpeg
SOTD: 11/08/2023

Razor: Reggie’s Razor Titan
Blade: Astra SP, 3rd use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Signature Capra Insurium Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm
Fragrance: PAA Awesome Sauce EdP

It was a hot and muggy start to the day which meant that I grabbed the Capra Insurium for a lovely cooling and fresh shave to start the day. The Titan has passed the unwritten 3 day shave rule I have, if I can use a blade 3 days in a row with no irritation it’s a good razor. From the first day’s results I expected it would fail, finding it almost too close a shave for me. But this it sits on that mid aggressive line perfectly, getting one of the closest DE shaves I’ve had, with no irritation especially 3 days in a row. One thing I’ve noticed is just how well the blade is clamped down, there’s no movement, it always feels solidly and firmly in place. On some razors this can make for an unforgiving shave but it’s not the case here, it just gives a BBS every-time with ease.
I almost don't want to change the set up for tomorrow, but will try a slightly more sharp blade before using the Derby’s I’ve been recommended as giving a go.
I do not need another razor, I do not need another razor, silly voice in my head saying, “you’re a little thin on DE’s at the moment and this is near perfect” does not require acting upon… yet! It’s as smooth as my old beloved Tatara Masamune but closer and more efficient.

Back
Top Bottom