SOTD: Saturday 27 April - Friday 3 May 2024.

20240503_171152.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
PrepHot shower.
Brush Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Cyclotrode X synthetic shaving brush.
Soap Stirling Black Ice.
Razors Leaf & Blackland vector CC.
Blade Dorco and Kai Captain Titan mild Pink (4).
Aftershave Stirling Black Ice splash.

The brush has been a real surprise tbh and I think I am going to love it more with each use.
The Stirling has finally started to show some sort of Menthol buzz and the Vector gave it's usual superb shave.
Just using it constantly for over 10 shaves straight really paid off with adapting to how different it is to my normal gear.
A fabulous shave with zero complaints what so ever.
I am looking like perfection mwaa and stinking of Black Jack sweets ha ha.
Enjoy the evening everyone.

Friday 3rd May

AP1GczOlG2w5Fpfm8vvYrxfXdWIHodzVaP4pasAXzyfPw7txEReMYl1VdFuJmurps0_HLD0fqFUaRLOEiJ7VaZkGmKq9XrKu-KHk2G1w7TcBHQqmNwmmjGkT7vf4gU1Zx4nZKJD2ccSJK87BzDGCeJJJ1Kza6g=w800

Captain Claptrap Scapicchio Shaving Soap & Goodfellas Smile Wild Hog Pure Bristle
Clix Ez-Flow Safety Razor & Treet Durasharp (Blue) (1)
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve Aftershave Cologne

... and that's the near perfect shave with this razor. I just needed to sub in the carbon blade.

Have a great weekend, fellows! Long weekend for us Brits!

And as my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I am pleased to bore you to death with a shave themed, 'Get on with it you boring fart'

20240503_194338.jpg

Get a razor - Razorock Hawk V3
Get sharp - Schick Proline
Get brushed - Yaqi Moka
Get creamed - Kent soap
Get moist - Pure moisturiser
Get sweet - Van Cleef Ambre Imperial
Get a life - And stop boring us

'And he said, can you put an organ between your lips?'

My wife went to a memorial service at the local church the other day and after the sermon she had a cup of tea and a natter with some of the older ladies.

'He's a bit strange this young priest isn't he?'
'Oh, he is just a bit Euro Diverse'
'What, you mean he's transgender'

So a very Euro Diverse shave. Not my favourite razor, not my favourite brush and not my favourite soap. But for some reason put them altogether and definitely one of my favourite shaves. Absolutely top class and probably the best of the week.

And it is a Friday after all and it just has to be that Puffyshoes' moment. I've probably gone through all the videos there is of them, but who cares? I don't.....

Or have I?

But, I do love you all :love:

Today's Shave

Wilkinson sword Empire model
ES Big Jock Synthetic brush
Saponificio Varesino Mirto Di Sardegna
Proraso Aftershave Balm
Floris No 89

Results BSS WTG

So I brought this razor around 16 ish years ago, cleaned , treated the pig skin strop, and smeared vaseline on the blade and stashed the box in a cupboard and just forgot about it.......until today that is.

The condition of the razor blade under my microscope didn't inspire much hope of getting a sharp edge fit for shaving, nicks flatspots, a plenty so some sort of honing work was in order. Now I'm not an expert with these razors but I have used straight razors in the past.

For those who don't know that's what these razors use, just in miniture, I ain't spending 5000000 hours honing the world's smallest razor, risking my fingers with a nasty deep cut because it's gonna get me.....you just know it wants to.

So yeah I cheated my ass off using my Edge pro apex knife sharpening machine, with a magnetic holding system and went to work using the wet stones, and finishing up with the polishing tapes, the last one being 6000 grit ( all my folding knives are sharpened on this machine and are like razor blades, scary sharp is for pussy's ) then I used the pig skin strop and it was done.

The shave was surprisingly enjoyable adjusting for the correct blade exposure was interesting via a thumb wheel that just moves the roller blade guards back and forth, kinda Face scraping with chunks of flesh being ripped off your face, to not working at all.... just find your sweet spot.....at your own risk.

I don't think this razor set had much use before me. A nice mint example, although the blade was abused somewhat, but in all honesty that miniture straight razor blade is tricky to hold. The danger level is sky high loading and unloading the blade, even stropping the blade has it flopping about asking for a deep cut to fingers and hands not to mention damage to the razors edge.

For £10/6 you got a silver plated death machine, that is very capable of giving you a really good shave.... If your careful

Kind regards John

Last edited:
View attachment 120034

My Shave today consisted of...
PrepHot shower.
Brush Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Cyclotrode X synthetic shaving brush.
Soap Stirling Black Ice.
Razors Leaf & Blackland vector CC.
Blade Dorco and Kai Captain Titan mild Pink (4).
Aftershave Stirling Black Ice splash.

The brush has been a real surprise tbh and I think I am going to love it more with each use.
The Stirling has finally started to show some sort of Menthol buzz and the Vector gave it's usual superb shave.
Just using it constantly for over 10 shaves straight really paid off with adapting to how different it is to my normal gear.
A fabulous shave with zero complaints what so ever.
I am looking like perfection mwaa and stinking of Black Jack sweets ha ha.
Enjoy the evening everyone.
Oh i do love a Black Jack
and a fruit salad

Back
Top Bottom