Soap rotation?

I use a bit of everything, but now and then I have themed shaves, using a french straight, french soap, french AS, or go all british.
I just need a french brush (Plisson) and an English straight to complete the setup on both!

Max

Well I went a little beserk to start with. But have just spent a week in Wales with one razor
One soap palmolive cream and one razor late forties superspeed.
I used three different blades though. Wilkos cheap ( don't bother) feather Mmmmm niiice and merkur nice too.
My shaves in the last week havereally improved and as everything elsewas constant I could really feeltheblade.
Palmolive was from wilkos too and us very very good for the dosh.
so in six weeks I have had a little disxipline and I've learnt to literally feel my way.
Luverley jubberley.
Cheers
Tim.

Mainly a steady diet of Mama Bear, however for a few weeks now I've also been working in a couple of Sunburyboy testers & a Prof B special PIF. I've also still got an as yet untried Sunbury lime sample to rteport back on. After this I'll probably settle back into mainly MB with Sunbury & Prof B for light relief !
So many lovely soaps.............. and only the one wee face !

JohnnyO. :?

Can I just say that there is something about the word 'rotation' that I don't like? To me it implies a kind of methodical obsession with shaving that I'm sure none of us here could claim to have.

I started off with the cheaper end of the scale with palmolive sticks before moving onto tabac, nannys, mamma bears etc. A few along the way I decided didn't work for me which I now realise was just down to inexperience so i have revisited some of them again and now find them excellent, mainly nannys! I would suggest that you "try" and master each soap / cream in turn before moving on to the next. Good luck with that, I failed and was drawn in by the lure of other soaps and creams. You will find your own favourites that you will go back to time and again. Most of the 6 - 8 soaps in my bathroom I could use singly each day and be happy with the result. I would find that boring though as I enjoy the choice they give me.

I have too many soaps/creams to apply any sort of meaninful rotation.
I tend to use what suits my mood on the day.
I will however often try different brushes on the same soap/cream over a few days just to see how the lather differs.
regards, beejay

Pig Cat said:
Can I just say that there is something about the word 'rotation' that I don't like? To me it implies a kind of methodical obsession with shaving that I'm sure none of us here could claim to have.
I think you can say whatever you like, can't you? I agree entirely, but we all know what it means in practice - "Now, what do I fancy today"?

I just use what I want on the day. Sometimes I use a soap every day for a while because I am enjoying it other times I just fancy a change and use a different soap each day. There is no regulation or reasoning to it.

Once in a blue moon (like now) when I see the bottom of a soap bowl I tend to use it more often to try to finish it. I noticed the white glaze of the Tabac bowl appearing in the middle of the soap two or three weeks ago and I have used it at least three times each week since then. I like watching the bit of glaze grow with each use and I am determined to finish it.

I know I will probably buy another to replace it, but it feels like an accomplishment.

I have pretty much the whole range from Nanny's. (all except 2 I think)
These are my favourite, especially the Lavender and the Exotic.
On the cream side of things, I have a few but the top 2 I have are Body Shop maca Root and Edwin Jagger.
I have quite a few others I have tried and recently started using MWF again, I forgot how good this stuff is, especially when face lathered.
There is just too many out there and I could easily spend a shed load but ive gotta hold myself back. :roll:

Audiolab said:
I just use what I want on the day. Sometimes I use a soap every day for a while because I am enjoying it other times I just fancy a change and use a different soap each day. There is no regulation or reasoning to it.

Once in a blue moon (like now) when I see the bottom of a soap bowl I tend to use it more often to try to finish it. I noticed the white glaze of the Tabac bowl appearing in the middle of the soap two or three weeks ago and I have used it at least three times each week since then. I like watching the bit of glaze grow with each use and I am determined to finish it.

I know I will probably buy another to replace it, but it feels like an accomplishment.

Well said that man!

Back
Top Bottom