Sir Irisch Moos

I recently bought a Sir Irisch Moos stick from the BST and have to say that I'm hugely impressed with it! The lather is fantastic and my wife and I both like the scent. I can't believe they killed this stuff off, I'm going to have to ration it and try to eke out the stick, although I've never managed to finish a soap yet. I'd always used Palmolive as a sort of soap yardstick, I've never had a bad shave with it even in unfamiliar water, but the Moos is nipping at its heels right now.

I was so impressed that I've also ordered a Tabac stick. I know what to expect in terms of performance now, I just need to find out whether I'm one of those people that think it smells like the best thing ever, or one of those that think it smells like dead livestock. :-/

Sir Irisch Moos is right up there with the best tallow there has ever been , you are right chris, god knows why it was discontinued
Tabac is fantastic also i get lovely shaves with it , in my opinion the smell is awesome
My wife loves it on me as well , really old skool.
Regards

chris.hale said:
I recently bought a Sir Irisch Moos stick from the BST and have to say that I'm hugely impressed with it! The lather is fantastic and my wife and I both like the scent. I can't believe they killed this stuff off, I'm going to have to ration it and try to eke out the stick, although I've never managed to finish a soap yet. I'd always used Palmolive as a sort of soap yardstick, I've never had a bad shave with it even in unfamiliar water, but the Moos is nipping at its heels right now.

I was so impressed that I've also ordered a Tabac stick. I know what to expect in terms of performance now, I just need to find out whether I'm one of those people that think it smells like the best thing ever, or one of those that think it smells like dead livestock. :-/

+1 on all the above. I used Sir Irisch Moos back in 2009. It was a lather explosion as per it's older brother, Mr Tabac. Brushes just look at these soaps and start to lather themselves!

rum said:
+1 on all the above. I used Sir Irisch Moos back in 2009. It was a lather explosion as per it's older brother, Mr Tabac. Brushes just look at these soaps and start to lather themselves!
Save money by not buying brushes - just show the soap a SOTD thread :icon_razz:

Having tried Tabac today, it's official, Tabac is great! Same excellent performance as the Moos and my wife and I both love the scent. I can see this one being a regular.

I have a stick incoming and am looking forward to it. The price was the same as the Tabac stick so I thought, what the hell, I'll give it a try.

Luckily I love the Tabac scent so I can fall back to that if I use up my Sir Irisch Moos stick and still need some Mäurer & Wirtz tallow-goodness

I've managed to beg borrow and steal 5 sticks of Sir Irisch Moos. They do occasionally come up on German e-bay where I got most of my supply. They do need persuading to sell to other countries but it's worth looking out for. My favorite soap, which I can now use with reckless abandon rather than every now and then. Lather's as good as Tabac (obviously) but seems a bit softer and maybe a bit less economical than Tabac which just never seems to run out.

Back
Top Bottom