Sherlock

thought they were ok. was a bit tired of all the campness though, expected Una Stubbs to come in and give it ooh Dr Watson, 'ave you seen my pussy.

As for the series big baddy.........
42655295inmanscrub250.jpg

Just watched the last one tonight on the iPlayer. I thought they were ok. Given a bit of work, sometime, and a chance to become more of its own program, it could become even substantially better.

Maybe it could be as good as Being Human, which is filming series three now.

Proinsias said:
Mark Gatiss, Mycroft, would have made a great Moriarty.

True, but loved the way the first episode kept me puzzling over whether he was Moriarty or Mycroft. I think I enjoyed that episode the best. Second was not quite so good, partly as I guessed (after the chase) it was the taxi driver, and thought that Holmes would have guessed too.

Pig Cat said:
Proinsias said:

True, but loved the way the first episode kept me puzzling over whether he was Moriarty or Mycroft. I think I enjoyed that episode the best. Second was not quite so good, partly as I guessed (after the chase) it was the taxi driver, and thought that Holmes would have guessed too.

erm, another *cough* deliberate *ahem* attempt to catch us out PC?

• That was all in the first episode: "A Study in Pink".
      • ... at least I'm pretty sure it was for the one I saw.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Urban Hermit said:
Pig Cat said:
Proinsias said:

• ... at least I'm pretty sure it was for the one I saw.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

• Sorry, should I have put ***BEWARE OF SPOILERS*** or something? Come on, life is cruel, I'm not your mummy.

Pig Cat said:
Urban Hermit said:
Pig Cat said:

• Sorry, should I have put ***BEWARE OF SPOILERS*** or something? Come on, life is cruel, I'm not your mummy.

• ... actually, you aren't any of my monsters, but I fail to see what that has to do with anything in this thread.
          • ... & Life is cruel???
              • (I knew someone was going to provoke this next response in this thread somehow, someday - ah, well - here it goes:)
                  • No shit, Sherlock!.
                    • ;) :lol: [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

I mentioned nothing directly, nor intended to imply anything about 'spoilers' either; why would I? I'm not your conscience. I thought they were chasing the cab to catch the driver in the first place, though I was hoping it wasn't going to be the fairly predictable, cliched answer that it was the cabbie whodunnit.

I merely commented (in that lightheartedly trivial, yet endearingly banal way that I have) on your mixing things up in threads today; a gun where there was none in one thread, and your statements above, in which it seems that you have separated one Sherlock episode into two separate stories.

That is all.

Carry on. :roll:

While slightly camp in his own inimitable way, I much prefer Jeremy Brett's Sherlock, with Edward Hardwicke (oo-er) as his sidekick.

That said, this new mini series has been both very enjoyable and watchable. But why have modern Sherlock poncing about with a violin? He looks the type of guy who spends his time mixing hardcore techno behind drawn curtains. Off his tits, of course.

Naked Ape said:
While slightly camp in his own inimitable way, I much prefer Jeremy Brett's Sherlock, with Edward Hardwicke (oo-er) as his sidekick.

That said, this new mini series has been both very enjoyable and watchable. But why have modern Sherlock poncing about with a violin? He looks the type of guy who spends his time mixing hardcore techno behind drawn curtains. Off his tits, of course.

The violin might be because he wouldn't need a power source and could still 'play' it if he was sittingin the dark wih the power disconnected because he'd forgot to pay it. Or it might just be the entire affectation soothes his ego.

I think it would be better to give him a harmonica. Then he could always have it at hand to mangle whenever needed.

Urban Hermit said:
Naked Ape said:

The violin might be because he wouldn't need a power source and could still 'play' it if he was sittingin the dark wih the power disconnected because he'd forgot to pay it. Or it might just be the entire affectation soothes his ego.

I think it would be better to give him a harmonica. Then he could always have it at hand to mangle whenever needed.

Well I reckon the modern day Sherlock would almost certainly have read the Conan Doyle books about the old Sherlock, so perhaps he's trying to copy some of his ways. He already tries to solve crimes and lives at the same address. It follows really doesn't it?

I remember reading/hearing something about it not being a new Holmes/old Holmes reality. More of a reality in which Sherlock Holmes never existed before, even as fiction.

I also can't remember anyone in the show ever commenting about it either; no comments about being deluded and thinks he's that guy in the books, or not looking like any of the actors that played him before, no characters doing the old "I remember your geat grandfather's cases" etc., etc., etc.

Back
Top Bottom