Selin lemon cologne

I recently bought some of this Selin lemon cologne and must say I really enjoy the smell but it does not last long.

Anyone else tried it?

Any thoughts?

A - W said:
I recently bought some of this Selin lemon cologne and must say I really enjoy the smell but it does not last long.

Anyone else tried it?

Any thoughts?

Hi there,

Never sniffed that cologne, but I do like some citrus frags. The 'Eau Sauvage' made by Dior is one, another being the vintage Hermes 'eau de cologne' which is now 'Orange Verte' I think. Those aren't strictly lemon scents though, but still quite nice.

The one lemon frag to try is 'Eau de Hadrien', an EdP made by Annick Goutal. Sparkling kinda juice when first applied, with very good longevity for a citrus based product. Take a look at the reviews at basenotes and maybe give that one a try sometime.

Martin

Eau de cologne, like all citrus based fragrances tend to have poor longevity. That's the nature of the beast, even with expensive citrus scents.

For them to last longer they usually need to lie on a base, usually amber works.

I have a few eau de cologne but the most powerful (and thus short lived) is Fonex lemon kolonya that I got from a Turkish barber for about 4 quid.

It is accepted that some of the more longer lasting cologne scents are Eau Sauvage and Acqua Di Parma.

Bechet45,

I would certainly agree within less then an hour it has gone. Shame as it gives a really nice lift.

Hiya,

One other thing I should mention is the AOS lemon shaving cream. Straight ahead no nonsense lemon, with no other notes added to the EO. It's a nice performer and one of only a few creams in my rotation. Price is lower )$22) than most UK made big company products.

Soaps are supposed to be very good...heard they're made in Italy or somewhere. Those are a little pricey.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom