Schwarzlose Berlin

Received a freebie 2ml sample of Schwarzlose 'Rausch' and I'm very busy resisting a bottle of something I instantly love but don't think I want to afford. It's gorgeous, sitting on a bed of amber and aoud.

Has anyone any experience of this house? Fragrantica don't know it. Basenote doesn't have reviews of 'Rausch'.

Top Notes
Red pepper, Sandalwood

Middle Notes
Cypriol oil, Patchouli, Vanilla

Base Notes
Amber, Oud

€125 for 100ml. Resist! Resist! £107. That's a new tyre! Resist!

Later: 100ml - ha! £107 for 50ml!! £214 for 100ml. Resisted with ease!

The Different Scent. I'm tempted all over again this morning, even at €125 for 50ml. It is scrumptious! but not very long lasting, I fear - and at that price, I want it to last a very long time!

You'll love it, Jamie - I know!

Bechet45 said:
The Different Scent. I'm tempted all over again this morning, even at €125 for 50ml. It is scrumptious! but not very long lasting, I fear - and at that price, I want it to last a very long time!

You'll love it, Jamie - I know!

I dread the thought of my wife leaning over my shoulder as I read threads like this - two men of advanced years discussing fragrancies that cost €25 for 50ml. I don't think she would believe I'm reading a shaving forum.

Bechet45 said:
Received a freebie 2ml sample of Schwarzlose 'Rausch' and I'm very busy resisting a bottle of something I instantly love but don't think I want to afford. It's gorgeous, sitting on a bed of amber and aoud.

Has anyone any experience of this house? Fragrantica don't know it. Basenote doesn't have reviews of 'Rausch'.

Top Notes
Red pepper, Sandalwood

Middle Notes
Cypriol oil, Patchouli, Vanilla

Base Notes
Amber, Oud

€125 for 100ml. Resist! Resist! £107. That's a new tyre! Resist!

Later: 100ml - ha! £107 for 50ml!! £214 for 100ml. Resisted with ease!

£107 for a 50ml and £214 for 100ml Aftershave is a lot of money for anybodies standard. I think!

Sezer74 said:
£107 for a 50ml and £214 for 100ml Aftershave is a lot of money for anybodies standard. I think!

Ridiculous amount of money for an aftershave- but this is an EdP.

How much is a pint of bitter or lager these days? A packet of B&H?

UKRob said:
I dread the thought of my wife leaning over my shoulder as I read threads like this - two men of advanced years discussing fragrancies that cost €25 for 50ml. I don't think she would believe I'm reading a shaving forum.

Not even if iit were a gift for her? Wouild it be alright if the two men were young?

Bechet45 said:
UKRob said:

Not even if iit were a gift for her? Wouild it be alright if the two men were young?

If the two men were young, she would have a right to wonder why I was reading it.

Anyway, the next time she gets a gift of a nice fragrance from me will mean she still has only a fraction of the number I get to choose from - just like you I imagine, Carl.

Back
Top Bottom