scent from heaven - smells like

i know there are bits and pieces on other threads and stig owns shares in them.

i have used quite a few now with a couple more on route, they are great soaps

has anyone any experience of their 'smells like a well known brand' range

Yes! I may have mentioned I like them. Got some more through the post today in fact! They are pretty good. Talking about the EDTs, all have a slightly soapy undercurrent to them and are pretty good likenesses. You get the general essence of the fragrance but without perhaps the complexity of some of them. I have tried most of them now and haven't been disappointed with any although I was always bearing in mind I'm not going to get something as good as the real thing. I really like them and for the money can't go wrong, unless you want a fancy bottle.

I quite like getting these in the shaving soaps too.

It was the soaps I've ordered. An obsession shampoo bar and OS and tea tree shaving pucks

I got their "Smells Like" Brut, which doesn't really. Having said that, so far Mama Bear is the nearest I've ever smelt to the original 1964 Faberge so I'm guessing that it's a difficult one to replicate.
& the soaps do work very well indeed !

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Have a puck of Tsar by Van Cleef and Arpels from scent from heaven, good soap and the smell is quite similar to Tsar which I love, will order some more when I run the stash down a bit more !

I have the JPG aftershave gel , which smells pretty much spot on the XS soap is similar but not quite, but then the bottles of XS I have smelt recently dont smell like the one I have at home so maybe they changed it a bit?

Stig, (as I know you will read and it may be of benefit)

How have you put these soaps in smaller containers, I'm going to stick the OS in the OS mug

Did you grate, melt or have not bothered.

As they are glycerin based i read if you nuke them in microwave for 10 seconds at a time so they don't boil you can poor them in

Re: RE: scent from heaven - smells like

Neilo said:
Have a puck of Tsar by Van Cleef and Arpels from scent from heaven, good soap and the smell is quite similar to Tsar which I love, will order some more when I run the stash down a bit more !

I love Tsar too as a matter of fact. Perfect for winter use. Very clean and soapy.

Re: RE: scent from heaven - smells like

Al H said:
Stig, (as I know you will read and it may be of benefit)

How have you put these soaps in smaller containers, I'm going to stick the OS in the OS mug

Did you grate, melt or have not bothered.

As they are glycerin based i read if you nuke them in microwave for 10 seconds at a time so they don't boil you can poor them in
I've put them in round clip lock plastic containers and simply use them as they are in the container.

I'd be cautious about doing this as it can on occasion (my experience) result in losing or altering any fragrance the soap had originally.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

So my new acquisitions arrive from SFH

The smells like old spice puck does indeed smell like it does, strong and lovely

I put it in the microwave for 15 seconds, this melted a little at the side enough for me to force it in old spice mug, I pour the loose dripping on, waste not want not. God I felt Scottish.

Put in the fridge for half hour and its perfect.

Test lather

c91d5f418e0ef29c7c4b0f8d507c6ec9_zpscdf4fc2e.jpg

I will add if you have one of these charming mugs and wondering what to put in it then the SFH smells like old spice is well worth a purchase

Wow I never knew about this. I'm definitely interested in the Brut and Polo smell likes (especially if it's the really heavy, manly green bottle RL Polo).

I'm assuming the Issy Miyake one will be the same as T&H 1805. The EDT doesn't quite smell as identical as D R Harris Windsor does to Terre D'Hermes but it is uncanny.

Back
Top Bottom