Scenery from France..

Just some pics over the last few years of different places I've lived in France

Vallee de l'Herault
bgLAV.jpg

Vineyards late Autumn
PkB42.jpg

Pyrenees late Autumn (November)
PdVmv.jpg

View from my apartment, Pyrenees (November)
qOZkM.jpg

Lac du Salagou (December)
W5SsL.jpg

Vineyards in December
dNW2I.jpg

Aveyron in summer
gcDQW.jpg

I have more if you guys want ;)

Max

Ok, since you like them, a few more:

Colioure at night:

NAUkv.jpg

Daytime:
1z0nx.jpg

Very romantic place to be, it's completely sheltered, stunning!

Bridge for the "train jaune" between Font Romeu and Perpignan (near where I used to live)
cz3f0.jpg

A tiny castle, near my dad's place, I love this thing!
3rtEH.jpg

Bridge near above castle:
1ckq5.jpg

Sunset in the Pyrenees
PQ3bS.jpg

Sunset in the Herault valley. (Chemin des Croix)
ACInv.jpg

Summer fires
NsEfG.jpg

Tree on fire
SaHb7.jpg

Fire & Sunshine
UT5Zq.jpg

Fireman
sN4C2.jpg

Fire fighting planes (they are enormous, and the get down to a few metres above ground level.. amazing skills!)
M6SJm.jpg

Frontignan Plage (winter)
dtszo.jpg

La lergue river (Lodeve)
KT7Hn.jpg

Reflexions on the river
dShlW.jpg

Reflexions 2
2702O.jpg

Shelter in the vinyards
D9Lls.jpg

Ok, that's all I can sort right now ;) Hope you like them :D

Max

Hope the forest fires were not from one of Max's fags! Has the Vallee de l'Herault got an enormous road bridge or am I confusing with with somewhere else?
Thanks for the pics.

Kevin.

Kevin said:
Hope the forest fires were not from one of Max's fags! Has the Vallee de l'Herault got an enormous road bridge or am I confusing with with somewhere else?
Thanks for the pics.

Kevin.
I presume you're talking about the Millau Viaduct, it's not that far from here, it's north of the Herault..

millau.jpg

source

and

ViaducdeMillau.jpg

source

I don't have personal pics of this bridge, although I've been there many times.. just never thought about taking a pic..
It's an awesome feat of engineering..

Max

hunnymonster said:
One of Norman Foster's creations is it not? Shame the country of his birth has been so bloody useless at landmark projects like that for the last (charitably) 50 years.
'tis indeed: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millau_Viaduct" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millau_Viaduct</a><!-- m -->

Max

It was designed by a French engineer, Foster just stole another man's glory. Foster is an architect and lacks the engineering knowledge to design such a thing.

A really interesting set of photos Max, thank you. Re the bridge: it certainly is marvellous (I like bridges, me :D ), and yes, Kevin, now I come to think of it, Norman Foster's track record with bridges is a little patchy...

Back
Top Bottom