Save the BBC recipe archive - petition

I must remember to refer Meals on Wheels to these recipes before they disappear! I'd not heard of them till now. They sound like a resource worth selling to the highest bidder and investing the proceeds in programming.

Scrap radio except 3 and 4. Scrap TV except 1 and 2. Shut down the website except The Archers and Radio 4. Sack anyone earning more than a million, Graham. That enough cuts to get my licence fee down?

You've paid for it, now our glorious leaders want to curtail the Beebs gastronomic imperial ambitions

Hah, at first the idea of some Limey related cooking recipes being saved from extinction.....of course I thought sure, why not burn em all. Only so many ways sausage rolls and bubble and squeak can be done. These are some top UK dishes I believe.

Easy to see how this story idea could be a funny fake one. Bit hard to believe maybe, but funny in an almost oxymoronic way. The Onion would never run out of 'gastric delights' to parody.

Last edited:
I must remember to refer Meals on Wheels to these recipes before they disappear! I'd not heard of them till now. They sound like a resource worth selling to the highest bidder and investing the proceeds in programming.

Oh in many ways they already do and with that in mind I'd like to personally thank you for handsomely paying again for the same content through your Sky subscription (Good Food channel and it's ilk) which is largely made up of BBC archive.

Without your generosity we wouldn't be getting all the good stuff for free. ;)

Reading a bit into this story it seems that the pages will be kept alive and accessible on a server somewhere but will not show up in search results. So you will need the exact address which I think someone will index eventually and make it public.

Oh in many ways they already do and with that in mind I'd like to personally thank you for handsomely paying again for the same content through your Sky subscription (Good Food channel and it's ilk) which is largely made up of BBC archive.

Without your generosity we wouldn't be getting all the good stuff for free. ;)
Good Food channel? One of the hundreds I don't watch - but I could and legally at that, sir! Well, if it really exists, I could ...

My generosity is well known, as you know personally.

Back
Top Bottom