Sanguine Coolcut 9

I began shaving with a shavette with the coolcut9 (aka Monsieur Charles). I had to walk through my learning curve, and I didn't find it so forgiving. First shaves were almost scary. After 2 weeks of practice I received my Feather Artist SS folding and I used it today for the first time. Guys, what a difference! Far more forgiving and efficient with Pro Guard feather blades! The Artist SS does not have two major issues of the coolcut9. First, the Personna blade is really exposed at the end of the blade holder and tries often to hurt you. Second, the useful part of the blade holder is only roughly half of it: while half of the razor shaves, the rest of it fools you and tears off the lather.
None of it happens with the Artist SS: the blade occupies all the blade holder which is therefore fully effective in shaving, and there are no exposed angles of the blade hurting yourself.
The result was a really enjoyable shave, ending in a gummy smiling face!

Yes at least it's easy enough to dismantle. I know quite a few people have had issues with the holder not holding the blade tight enough. Even with the mechanism snug I could still see that the blade was moving a little.

Good luck!
I got a Monsieur Charles from Ebay for $13. (Same as Coolcut) the slider mechanism was very loose too
, and I noticed the top spring was missing.
I jammed a tooth pick in the top where the spring was supposed to be, works great now, very tight

Back
Top Bottom