L'occitan balm

j15xyh.jpg

Prep: hot wash with dove soap:
Soap: Proraso Green tub.
Brush: Parker CHST silver tip badger.
Bowl: TSR hand crafted shaving bowl.
Razor: Razorock Jaws.
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux #4

Woke up this morning with a sore throat and upset stomach, my back feels like I have been kicked by a horse and my wrist is still in it's splint cause of acute pain. A combo of pain meds, tyrozettes and Bicarbonate of soda have taken the edge off things long enough to try and shave.

3 passes WTG, XTG and AGT but honestly I was not concentrating very well and whilst my stubble has all but gone, I scraped it off rather than clean cut, some irritation and nicks resulted. Going to grab a coffee and watch some TV.

Have a good day folks.

Jim

Fri 29th May 2015

Victoria PB.
La Toja Cream
Gem Jnr 1912-brass
Gem S/S [ 4 ]
Alum rub /rinse off
Nivea Balm
La Toja A/S Lotion.

Great little Razor, a good shave. Blade going strong- loaded into Damaskeene for Sat.

3P Pre-shave
Bulldog Scrub
Rooney Beehive Super Badger #2
Nanny's Down Home Summer Shaving Soap
ATT Stainless Steel Razor with Personna Lab Blue blade
L'Occitane ASB
D&G Light Blue EDT

SOTD - Friday
Pre: RazoRock menthol/lime soap
Cream: Baume.be
Brush: Rubberset-400 replica with 24mm silvertip
Razor: Schick dial adjustable (M15)
Blade: (NOS) Gillette Platinum Plus 1973 (6)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel with 444, followed by Pitralon Swiss
Great shave. I think the edge is starting to fade finally on this blade. It's lasted a lot longer than any other injector blade except maybe the P74.

fatboy, 3,1
astra sp *10
nf tubby 2
wickham's hardsoap old spice
old spice a/s
wars balm

got to 10! little bit tuggy but not so much as to put me off going for more! Great soap - we're in for a treat when Darron returns with his hardsoap.

My first shave with the restored 400-3 AND my first time with a badger knot...

..it was fantastic :)

The Grade A Silvertip has plenty of backbone and face lathering was a breeze.
I am really loving this brush! :)

Razor: WWII UK Military issued OC razor
Blade: Ladas
Brush: Rubberset 400-3 w/ Grade A Silvertip knot
Soap: Soap Commander Endurance
Pre- and After shave: Myrsol Emulsion

23t613r.jpg

IMG_0748.JPG

Bulldog Face Wash
Meißner Tremonia Mint Ice Menthol
Ever Ready 400BN 'Badgerlon' Synthetic Knot
Durham Duplex (Straight Handle) & Personna (2)
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Tabac Aftershave & EDT

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & ATG

Wow! That is refreshing! Refreshing like a whole pack of Trebor Extra Strong followed by a pack of Fisherman's Friends! It's a triple whammy of crystal menthol, eucalyptus and peppermint.

As with Meißner Tremonia's other soft soaps, loading is a snap without overloading, lathering is a snap either in the bowl or on the face, in-shave performance just divine, wash off easy and post-shave feel just wonderful.

But this chill! Boy, oh boy, it's cold ... and keeps building!

I really enjoyed my Durham Duplex shave yesterday, so picked another favourite from the somewhat extensive and quite comprehensive collection that I have. I think this is technically a trimmer from the later years, but with the long comb put on it works really well as a Kamisori style razor.

As yesterday, one shave down, one shave up and we're done ... regrowth will be soft and smooth like today's. Love 'em!!!

Soap: Seifenglatt Savon a Raser - Frankincense and Myrrh
Brush: Edwin Jagger synthetic XL
Razor: Merkur 37c
Blade: Polsilver

Excellent. I'm liking this soap a lot, it's the same company that makes the Kramperts Bay Rum, which was a brilliant soap and the best Bay Rum I've ever smelt and also unfortunately caused irritation to my skin. I might be sensitive to this soap too but I'll need to use it for a few more days before I'll know for sure. Other than that, a damn fine shave. Every time I use the 37c it impresses me with how it shaves my neck and easily clears the multi-directional growth around my Adam's Apple.

Friday

Evening, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Kai T-type Dispo Razor
Blade: (7)
Brush: Kabuki Bamboo
Shave soap: Palmolive
Aftershave: Trophy Mitre
Cologne: Brut Alaska

Another very good and close result in a week of actual or near-BBS's from a disposable I found in every 100 yen store I explored in Japan. Definitely going to stock up the next time I'm out there.

Back
Top Bottom