S.O.T.D. Saturday 14th February to Friday 20th February 2015

XX February MMXV Shave

16378177890_71de4852f4_c.jpg

Since I normally don't shave on the weekends today was my last day of my first "1 razor 1 week" project where I intend to use all my razors for one week each this year - to, hopefully finally get down to 20 or so that will be sold off.

Razor: Wilkinson Sword "Sticky"
Blade: Polsiver SI
Brush: SOC Boar
Soap: Cella
A/S: The Veg

zumuzb.jpg

Next up to bat... "The mystery roller guard razor from Argentina"
ay8u2v.jpg

pjgh said:
IMG_9029_Fotor.jpg

Bulldog Face Wash
Blades Grim Cinder & Vig 26mm Silvertip
GEM Damaskeene (Open Comb) & GEM Stainless (3)
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Toner
Myrsol Antesol

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & XTG

Cinder: "a dark tangy mix of bergamot, lemon, fir, and geranium with a hint of wood, leather, and musk", dark in colour, too, near purple. Quite goth!

In use, with this Vig Silvertip (simply set into a bottle cap), a good scent with a slight tingle akin to a dying fire - I reckon that'll be the essential oils. Quite reminiscent of Tabac in many ways. The Silvertip was okay - it's my first badger shave in a good, long time. Okay, not as soft as synthetic, floppier and wetter. Meh?

The open comb Damaskeene gave a mild shave, a really mild shave ...

Do I detect a burgeoning aftershave collection Paul? That's the second Myrsol I've seen so far ...

Chris.

dodgy said:
After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1964 rebranded Macys silvertip flopmeister good with creams
Schick F type/Gillette Platinum Plus (NOS 1970)
Xpec SC
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Jacomo de Jacomo ( a few incarnations old I think)

Yesterday I loaded this great old blade into this perfectly fitting injector and have now had two extremely fun shaves. Jeez, this goofy looking razor had gotta be one of my biggest surprises ever regarding shaving crap. The shaving experience is second to none when it comes to the actual process. How it shaves with a sharp blade, how it feels in my hand, it's looks.....lots going for this 74 year old razor.

BBS results,

Martin

In my opinion the Type F is the most solid and most aggressive of all the injector types Schick made. It can find the weakness in a blade quickly but when paired with a great blade it yields some of the very best and enjoyable shaves I have ever had.

Back
Top Bottom