S.O.T.D. Saturday 10th January to Friday 16th January 2015

Friday 16th January

SOTD16115_zpsc6d0b3a6.jpg

Warm shower
Hot towel
Strop Shoppe Vivace scuttle lathered
Finest Badger brush made by myself
Gillette Old Type ball end handle (1920's)
Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Superhazel
Myrsol Antesol aftershave

This razor was a wreck when I got it about 2 yrs ago. The handle threads were stripped and the Silver plating gone. My engineer friend made a replica threaded end and fitted it on the handle, even going better than original by threading the end piece into the handle tube. I then had the razor re plated in Silver as original.

First post for ages, mainly because I've had a beard for a while. It all came off yesterday and I had a really nice shave.

Mitchell's Wool Fat
Semogue SOC
FaTip Piccolo
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Proraso AS

Really good although it feels odd to be smooth chinned again. Good to be back!

Cold water splash
Klar Kabinett
Simpsons Polo 8 in Super
ATT M2 Kronos
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (2)
Myrsol Emulsion
Acqua Di Parma Colonia

Have a great weekend everyone!

EJ DE3D, Shim, Lab Blue
Hand-carved Ash Boar
Palmolive Stick
Boots Freshwood
Astral

I like my Lab Blues better than the Polsilvers. :D

Re: RE: S.O.T.D. Saturday 10th January to Friday 16th January 2015

Gairdner said:
EJ DE3D, Shim, Lab Blue
Hand-carved Ash Boar
Palmolive Stick
Boots Freshwood
Astral

I like my Lab Blues better than the Polsilvers. :D
Me too, and I already used 25 out my 100, pifed some as well.

Ended up being rushed this morning. Dry shave with my Secret Santa present. One pass, nice shave.[attachment=12754]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421435926.424237.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421435926.424237.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 22
The bonce:

Hot water head splash
New Forest High Mountain White 2224
Proraso 'Green' Shaving Soap*
King Of Shaves Hyperglide

The mug:

Hot water face splash
Exfoliating face wash with Dr. Squatch Pine Tar Soap
Proraso 'Green' Shaving Soap*
New Forest High Mountain White 2224
Feather AS-D2
Personna Platinum Chrome
Cold water face splash
Captain Fawcett #8836 EdP

The head now as billiard ball smooth as the face once more...

*I had neglected my Proraso 'Green' recently in the self-imposed hedonistic pursuit of artisanal excellence - but what a wonderful performer it still is. Absolutely top drawer stuff.

Shower
Proraso white
Semogue 839 (I must get a new brush soon!)
37c
Lord Super Stainless [?]
Blue Stratos AS
Nivea Moisturisor
Lacoste Red EDT

Its been a while since I used the 37c and I've missed, superb shave, super close & smooth without fuss. Its needs more love!
Good evening gents...

Had a shave with a cheapo Karat razor today. Was included free with some blades I bought ages ago and I came across it while clearing out a drawer and thought why not.

Popped a Big Ben in and lathered up some Supermax - perfectly passable shave but I went carefully. Horrible little razor though, incredibly light so the weight doesn't do any of the work for you. Definitely a mark of how much the Big Bens & a good dollop of Supermax cream agree with me.

Friday

Evening, everybody.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Polsilver SI (7)
Brush: Kabuki Bamboo
Shave soap: Tabac
Aftershave: Tabac
Cologne: Tabac

Single Image - Double Days - 16 January 2015 Shave and Plan for 17 January 2015

This photo serves for today's shave, and I will continue with the same setup tomorrow. The Blueness stick is a new soap for me. After testing several stick soaps over the years, and letting go of the sticks that I did not like, I retained only two sticks in my shaving den. These are the ones I use when I want to face lather. The first is the Palmolive Stick which provides excellent lather but tends to dry my skin slightly after the shave is complete. The other is the Wilkinson Sword Stick, which is my favorite stick soap. It provides excellent lather, but it does dry my skin out after the shave. The Blueness stick based on the first use provided a great three pass lather for both head and face. In this respect it is like both the Palmolive and Wilkinson sticks do with the Kent Infinity Synthetic Brush. The scent of the Blueness is somewhere between the Palmolive and the Wilkinson sticks which is very acceptable to me. It did tend to leave a little dryness like the Palmolive and reminded me of the Palmolive in performance. I will use the same setup tomorrow. Then I will decide whether I want to try the Blueness with a boar or badger brush on a following shave to see if Blueness becomes a "keeper."

16109525468_7661e6bc55_c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom