Recommend me some good television series to watch please!

Finished 'made a murderer' last night. The US legal system has a lot to answer for.

Most legal systems based on the accusitorial system are almost compelled to arrive at a judgement rather than achieve justice I believe. It's never about, " who did it" , rather, " is that admissible ".

JohnnyO. o/

Just caught the first episode of Stag and rather liked it.

crouton-image.png

The Night Manager - I suspect that only the BBC could afford such quality cinematography for a TV series. The opening credits are worthy of a James Bond film, however, I don't think this was anywhere near one of Le Carres best books.

Currently hammering through Midsomer Murders, particularly the Sgt Troy years.

Totty, there's just so much totty!

I've seen the complete John Neetles years in France, the series is called "Inspecteur Barnaby" and depicts a very cliché English country side; if I remember correctly, the actual inspector (cousin of the original inspector) appeared previously in the show as a gardner.
The only thing I regret is to watch it doubled in French, and I've been told that I missed all the British humour conveyed by the show... It's still funny in French though.

I've seen the complete John Neetles years in France, the series is called "Inspecteur Barnaby" and depicts a very cliché English country side; if I remember correctly, the actual inspector (cousin of the original inspector) appeared previously in the show as a gardner.
The only thing I regret is to watch it doubled in French, and I've been told that I missed all the British humour conveyed by the show... It's still funny in French though.
Yes, it is a very cliched series, but highly enjoyable. That said, I have lived 'in the country' for 5 years now - and I haven't been murdered. Yet.

Back
Top Bottom