razorock artisan soap

anyone on here use the razorock soaps? if so whats the verdict on them, whats your favourite scent? also, whats the difference between the artisan range and the la famiglia range? ive always fancied these soaps and they seem to be regarded well from what ive read, just like to hear peoples opinions.

I've only used the now discontinued Razorock XXX. I didn't really get on with it. The scent was nice enough but I found it a bit drying. I sold it on after a couple of uses. I'm still not sure whether I should have stuck with it a bit longer to work on getting a better lather.
I have a couple more waiting to be used. Mudder Focker and Don Marco that I picked up when I was in NYC. I'm leaving them sealed for the moment as I've already got too many products on the go.
Their Website gives a good description of each of the ranges

I really like the Classic one. smells of almond / marzipan and gives a great lather. this soap is more to the semi soft consistence. the la famiglia range are hard soaps. i have tryd them all. dont like them as much.

RazoRock soaps are extremely popular over here in the USA, and I use and love many of them. To understand RazoRock soaps you have to understand that there are several different lines with different formulations. Some are rebrands (XXX was rebranded AdP, La Famiglia is rebranded TFS, Classic is rebranded Fitness), some are inspired by other products (King of the Castle is a take on Castle Forbes, S. Maria is a take on Santa Maria Novella, XX is a new take on XXX/AdP), and the rest are basically new creations. Here are the various soaps in the various lines (this was copied from a discussion in which I listed which RazoRock soaps were tallow based and which were not):

--Original (Classic, Fresco, and XXX)ALL NON-TALLOW
--Artisan (No.888, King Louis, and XX)ALL NON-TALLOW
--King Of The Castle (Brain Freeze, Lavender, and Lime)ALL NON-TALLOW
--La Famiglia (Cumba Cheech, Don Marco, Nonno Michelino, and Zi Peppino)ALL NON-TALLOW
--Shaving Cream (S.Maria)NON-TALLOW
--Linea Officina Artigiana (Bee's Knees, Boston Tea Party, Caprician Lemon, Caribbean Coconut, Chianti Lavender, Mentolipto, Moroccan Secret, Mudder Focker, Mughetto di Bologna, Muguet de France, Napoleon's Violet, Nervous Wreck, R-160, and Third Eye) ALL TALLOW, EXCEPT Muguet de France

Mate, have you tried Caprician Lemon then? Any thoughts if so?

P.S. also quite curious - is S.Maria a take on SMN, or is it basically a cheaper SMN (like AdP and XXX)?

Helveticum said:
Mate, have you tried Caprician Lemon then? Any thoughts if so?

P.S. also quite curious - is S.Maria a take on SMN, or is it basically a cheaper SMN (like AdP and XXX)?

No, I haven't tried the Caprician Lemon, I don't like lemon scents.

RazoRock likes to bring good quality, low cost alternatives to the market, I've read many posts where Joe will say things like, 'Why pay $30 for a shaving cream that only cost $1 to make?' S. Maria is RazoRock's take on SMN, they use an entirely different formula, but make it perform and feel like SMN.

For those who do not know as it has been explained and as I understand it, XXX was discontinued because the folks who make AdP would not renew the licensing contract. It has been hinted at that they were unhappy with how much of a chunk XXX took from their sales. The other companies who RazoRock work with are much happier with their collaborations.

Back
Top Bottom