Razor size?

Bought this T Cadman & Sons Bengall from eBay and have now cleaned it up as best I can with no tools - it's the narrowest blade I've ever seen. What size would you say it was?

IMAG0949.jpg

Pre-clean size comparison against my fingers:

IMAG0933.jpg

Oh my! Nice nostril trimmer you have there Grant ;)

That'll be a little horror to shave with I should think, it looks even thinner than my Fermarud. If that's the case, and you have British Standard fingers, my bid is a little under 3/8. Rather handy for perfecting the line of one's sideburns, but a full shave is likely to be a bit fraught, if my experience is anything to go by.

I have big, long hands (I'm 6ft 3" tall).

You're right though - it wasn't easy to hold onto when shaving, and I also realised that the edge near the toe was blunt even though I'd honed it up and the rest of the blade was very, very sharp. Never thought to check, but my Belgian coticule bout isn't flat and needs lapped, so wasn't honing evenly. 320 grit wet'n'dry paper ordered from Amazon....

It's a lovely wee razor though - caught my eye because it was unusual and I got it for £2.99 in the end!

I´d say a 3/8. I´ve had a few and every time I thought that they must be smaller, but 3/8 has been the smallest I´ve seen, so far.

Tomorrow I'll post a pic of the Fermarud if I remember. It's a lovely thing and does see a bit of use, but you need to be in the mood ... it's absolutely nothing like blithely slicing off whiskers with a 5/8!

Back
Top Bottom