Razor on Ebay help needed

Hi there I am building my collection and still new to this can people give their opinions to a coule of DE razors I am looking at on ebay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-GILLETTE-SLIM-TWIST-TTO-BUTTERFLY-SAFETY-RAZOR-1967-1975-England-/150858857248?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D670468603730304069%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1017%26rk%3D2%26

and

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150858872667?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

link does not work for the 1st item
well not for me anyway

the 2nd item is a 1953 coronation set not 1937
gillette issued 3 sets for the coronation
this set is the 45 ( the cheapest )
then there is set 53 and the 66 aristo set
all nice sets
this 45 set is nice because its got a outer and looks in tip top condition
not sure of a price but it will go for a high price due to condition
and having a outer case

bigduncan said:
link does not work for the 1st item
well not for me anyway

the 2nd item is a 1953 coronation set not 1937
gillette issued 3 sets for the coronation
this set is the 45 ( the cheapest )
then there is set 53 and the 66 aristo set
all nice sets
this 45 set is nice because its got a outer and looks in tip top condition
not sure of a price but it will go for a high price due to condition
and having a outer case

thanks for that! When you say a high price what region you thinking of? Is it worth a bid?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150858857248?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

this is a working link to the other one.

I wouldnt buy the 1st one, its just an Gillette Slim Twist, not so uncommon, but when cleaned it will probably look fine. I got one last time and sold it right away as I don't like plastic handles to much.

I would say bid max 5 a 8 pound or whatever you think its worth, I sold one for € 14 not so long ago.

its a rare set because its complete
i would guess at £60 plus for the set
but if 2 collectors start bidding it could go for a hell of a lot more

there are collectors on here who will give you a better idea on price

if you can afford it would be a great piece to start your collection off
but then you would want the 58 set and 66 set in the same condition
and thats when you start spending big bucks
but good luck with your bidding just bid as late as you can and set yourself a limit
if you lose this one chances are there be another 1 all in a week or 2
just keep watching

Greetings

The coronation set is lovely if you are a true collector, but the razor is only a tech when all said and done, techs are excellent gentle forgiving mild razors but the point I am making is that if you want it to shave with the box and outer carton will (I strongly suspect) jack up the price considerably to about three times what you could buy a Tech for on it's own!

In fact to a collector the box and cover alone would be worth nearly as much without the razor as I think I'm right in saying that the razor is only the Tech of the period and not marked in anyway as a coronation model.

If you want it to collect then it's great, if you want it just to shave with you'll be paying for an irrelevant box!

The Gillette Slim Twist is another kind mild shaving razor, there are quite a lot of them about.

Regards
Dick.

Back
Top Bottom