Razor MD Herbal Blend Shaving Cream (non lathering)

I shave in the shower. I'm a “shower shaver”.

I usually use a shaving brush and soap. But today I will talk about a non lathering cream. It comes ready to apply with hand and give a preparatory massage with your fingers.

The cream is Razor MD, Herbal Blend. It comes in a large jar, 224 grams, 95 mm diameter and 50 mm high. The jar is properly sealed to our peace and safety.

MD1.jpg

In the shower, with wet face, this cream spreads excellently with fingers. The texture is like toothpaste or something thinner. A heaped teaspoon of coffee is enough for each pass (I do not like to put my fingers inside the cream jars to not contaminate them, and usually use spoons or spatulas). The aroma and cooling sensation on the face are good, very nice. The cream does not lather, but leaves a very slippery and protective cushion for the safety razor. With the Gillette Fusion multi-blade, it works perfectly, not plugging up the space between blades and shaving is equally effective and enjoyable. So I think it's a good option for people who shave in the shower (or in front of mirror) and do not use a shaving brush. Really much better, for much, than canned foam or gel pot.

SOTD3.jpg

As I say, the aroma is great, I love it. I realise some lavender and other things. And if during shaving it behaves fabulously, in terms of protection and slip, the after shave's feeling it provides is also very good, above average, in my opinion. Leaves skin very smooth and moisturized. After use, the post-shave lotion of any brand you love does its job well.

I do not usually use these products because I like the ritual of the brush. But I can only speak well of it. If I wanted to travel and take no brush, this cream would be an ideal candidate to travel in my vanity case, although a tube would be much more comfortable than this jar, which is not small.

I have learned to use it well, and to economize it. One trick that can be helpful to you, is to not rinse the razor with water to remove the cream, but shake from side over the left hand to reapply the cream back in the face for successive passes of retouches or changing direction.

Regards, The Good Doctor.

SOTD1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom