Razor Heads

What is your preferred head?

I am looking at getting one or two heads for the future handles and am wondering what are good options?

Having a look at older threads, the DE89 head seems to find favour as do NEW/OLD heads but looking through the BST forum they do not seem to come up.

I did find a cracked handle once in antiques shop many months ago which had a head with a bent tooth or two, how I wish I'd pick things up when I find them.....

Any one any thoughts/comments?

You can pick up a good Old on T'Bay cheaply. May need replating. Likewise a New. You can pick up a tech head without any problems, but it is still just a tech head. The DE's are good heads but you may have difficulty picking up just a head, although the whole razor is pretty cheap.

Start with a New would be my suggestion. Make sure it isn't the Improved which has the head and shaft integrally. A New will give you a lovely shave if you like OC.

Buy any Jagger DE razor as cheaply as you can on Amazon, and then ditch the handle if you must.

That Muhle / Jagger head is a classic. It's usually talked about as fairly mildish, but actually it's a super head. Really well finished, good looking, and it's only mild if you're only doing the one pass. A couple or three passes will get you as smooth as any other razor.

Greetings

Just a couple of thoughts ,the first being that you can if you wish purchase just the heads from Edwin Jagger. http://www.theenglishshavingcompany...|@cTraditional DE Safety Razors@b|0|user||48| You will see the price seems a little steep especially when for a few quid more you can buy the whole razor from Amazon or NKD Man!

Another point to keep in mind is that Nickel, Chrome and stainless are all slightly different colours and if you want the razor to look perfect they might not quite 'marry' up in respect of the colour/tone.

My favourite DE is a 'New' head on my R41 handle, there is a considerable colour difference between the nickel head and the chrome handle, it does not worry me one bit but it may or may not concern some folk.

Regards
Dick

Back
Top Bottom