Rameau FI Sens Yonne (faux Frameback) restored

One of the "Christmas " presents I got consisted in a small and light "faux" frameback manufactured by Rameau Fi. Sens-Yonne , France.

The razor is very Petite, thin and very light, gives the impression of being very portable, suitable for travelling.

The scales are in VERY thin Horn, the wedge had the consistancy of bone and all was pinned with 2mm pins , no washers under the dome pins but it had two trusted washers in metal between scales and tang.

the Razor is very thin and quite different to hold compared to other common razors I took a picture with a Gotta 120 just to show the difference.

The Blade had very little rust , nevertheless I struggled to clean it, the more I sanded and the darker it looked to the eye...

Anyway, I finished the restoration with the much needed honing and a shave test.

The razor Shaves well (actually it was excellent!), but has a very strange feeling, maybe is the fact that is very light, or the fact that the blade tang is so thin... only 1.5MM!!!!

Honestly I don't know if I like it (too light?!?) , but I want to do few more shaves before I make up my mind; Having said that I really like the shape of it and being so light it makes the perfect partner for travelling.

here are some pictures, as usual any comments and constructive criticism are welcome.

Before
attachment.php

After
attachment.php

Side by side with the Gotta 120
attachment.php

Attachments

• Rameau refurb.jpg
    Rameau refurb.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Rameau Gotta.jpg
    Rameau Gotta.jpg