Professor Blighty's Aftershave Balm

I asked the kind Prof (Martin) if he would kindly send me a little Sample of his Aftershave Balm, he very generously sent me a whole bottle !!

I Used it after the last three shaves I had including this morning so I thought it was only fair to give it a small review, firstly my setup, same as I have used for the past week, Feather All Stainless, Supermax SS Blade, Nanny’s Citrus Zingy soap, NF 2201.

FIRST IMPRESSION: Standard White Box with Label, nice quality bottle and cap, I use these bottles myself for my Bay Rum, so I know they are good quality, Label on box and bottle was plain and simple, maybe could be a bit better but as it's for my use and not a gift etc it's no big deal.

BOTTLE: As I said earlier, very good quality nice heavy solid feel.

LABELLING:
If I was buying this for someone, then this is the only bit which could use a little improvement, but for my use it's no big deal.

SCENT: First sniff and it smells Citrus/Lemony, quite a strong scent, according to Martin, it contains Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel, Lavender, Geranium, Patchouli, Palmerosa, Myrrh and Eucalyptus. I am no good with Scents so don't know which of these ingredients would produce the strong Citrus scent, the scent although not overpowering does last a while after it's applied, I like the scent so for me this isn't a problem, but if you want to apply cologne or aftershave then you may need to wait a little while.

PERFORMANCE:
Well the shave I got this morning was good, tiny tiny bit of redness under my chin as I’m still getting used to the feather Razor but no nicks or cuts, but I always use a balm no matter how good or bad the shave was so I put a few blobs on my hand and then applied to my face.

You get an instant icy cooling effect, lasting for 6 or 7 seconds, no burn, no pain, just a nice cooling citrus blast, this then wears off, the balm is easily absorbed into the skin, it's not greasy or sticky and leaves the skin lovely and soft.

VALUE FOR MONEY: (£ 9.99); Excellent value for a handmade product, a little goes a long way so this will last quite a while.

SUMMARY:
In general for me this is a very good product which I will buy again. does the job it was designed for, calms your skin down and keeps it feeling soft and refreshed, nice one Prof !!

3de3a921.jpg

64b954ee.jpg

Yeah – good review, that.

Will be following PB's products with interest, and this one looks like a good 'un. I'm not sure that a bird should ever be used on a label for a milky product, though – I'm always a fan of simple, clean logos and design. Institut Karite and even EJ look good to me...

Nice one,

Lipsy

No alcohol content looks good to me. Now, when did the Prof say the Brut one is coming along ? (& if / when it does that is so NOT the kinda "bird" who should be bursting out of the label at me first thing in the am.

JohnnyO. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom