Possibly a production run ...

Fear not, the multi-coloured handles were a bit of fun ... :)

We are regularly sent sample rods in a variety of grains. I sometimes get the chance to have a bit of downtime ... very rarely I must say, hence the samples you see. Keeps the brand in the spotlight too - keeps Simpson on the lips.

I must say however, the Butterscotch strikes a chord with me. It looks amazing when polished and I know our American friends are very partial to it.

Whether they become stock handles remains to be seen, I'm far too busy at the moment finalising a Simpson skincare range!

Mark

N_Architect said:
Rooney, Shavemac, Thaeter, New Forest, Le Tuft, etc. can more easily afford to enhance their line(s) with such variations. Nice handles, I'm sure the material will be some good hefty-weighted resin, the knots will be of the well known quality, etc.

But this is Simpsons we're talking about.

The butterscotch ones look fine. Never had one but this colour happens to be part of the brand's heritage, so technically it should be ok. However, any further differentiation attempts lead us to instantly feel how difficult or even (dare I say) risky may such an endeavor be.

It is indeed not easy at all when you sit at the helm of such a company and rightfully want to try something new or to finally attempt differentiating the brand a bit.

Available on the Limited Edition section of our website.

Best regards,

Mark

Attachments

• Small Cup Large.JPG
    Small Cup Large.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom