Porters 'Hired Hand' Aftershave Review

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
LeJog 2022 Finisher
Ingredients :
Water, witch hazel (distilled), glycerin, alcohol (denat), green soap (USP), ammonium carbonate, camphor, rosemary oil, bay oil and lemon grass oil.

Plastic bottle and awful lid can cause a bit of spillage so beware if you buy some.Initially I felt that the clove smell was quite overpowering but this quickly fades and becomes more subtle, it also has a medicinal hint to it.Might be caused by the witch hazel.Once it calms down the scent is a mix between spicy and sweet, hard to describe but it reminds me of sweets we used to get call aromatics (I think that's what they were) so if you know what the bag smelled like then you get a whiff of this now and again.The application feels a little sticky at first but dissipates as well.There is no alcohol burn and I found it to be quite soothing and helped calm some red marks under the chin.I couldn't really smell the lemon grass in there but my nose isn't the greatest at picking individual scents out.As a tonic/toner I think it works well, soothing after shaving qualities with the rich spicy smell make it nice to use in this crappy weather.The scent doesn't last long enough for me though.

Re: Porters 'Helping Hand' Aftershave Review

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1867" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1867</a><!-- l -->

or have a search on ebay UK

ten points to Russ for remembering oddfellows :D

Tony I haven't tried it with the Muhle yet but it was fine after using the New on Saturday before golf.

I mean't this sort of Mule. Okay this horse is half Muhle, common I'm dying here.

lotion-horse.jpg

Is the NEW up your street?

Come back Pig Cat, all is forgiven!!!

No anything but that, I can do better...please not PC.

I can only use the rolling eyes smiley so many times.

Back
Top Bottom