Pitralon

jds

Hi there and good morning,

Any of you fine folks out there able to offer up some information on the differences between Swiss Pitralon and the other (German, I believe) Pitralon?

Also - any retailers in the UK?

Thanks,

Jon

Manufactum Swiss Pitralon

Connaught Shaving Pitralon Classic

Here's a couple of links, Jon.

I've never tried the Pitralon Classic but was lucky enough to receive a sample of the Swiss Pitralon and I can honestly say it's fabulous stuff. Great on the skin and the initial pear drop/amino acid smell very quickly gives over to a really nice rose note which itself, does not last at all long. One of the very best aftershaves I've tried.

Will have to get one as well, sooner or later. More likely both of them.. Damn this ASAD!

Hm, one of the ingredients of the Swiss Pitralon is Urea. Are Swiss taking a piss? :icon_razz:

Helveticum said:
Will have to get one as well, sooner or later. More likely both of them.. Damn this ASAD!

I know how you feel. My ASAD kicked in just before Christmas and I have had to put the brakes on it - I am running out of space to store the bottles. My instinct is always to go for something a little off the beaten track, so to speak (i.e. can't buy it in John Lewis or House of Fraser, for instance). In my Fragrance drawer I now have
Floid - The Genuine
Muelhens 4711 Original
Pinaud Lime Sec
Pinaud Clubman (since moved on - not for me)
Ogallala Bay Rum sampler pack
Sunbury Boy Bay Rum
Angel Schlesser Essential Homme
Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel
Houbigant Duc de Vervins

I also bought a sample of Tom Ford's Tabacco & Vanille. This is addition to my pre-existing Acqua di Parma scents.

And now I am craving Pitralon....

Help!!!!

Helveticum said:

Hm, one of the ingredients of the Swiss Pitralon is Urea. Are Swiss taking a piss? :icon_razz:

Probably why it's so good on the skin.

Helveticum said:
Didn't know Tom Ford did after shaves as well! That one must be a bit steep on price..

Very steep... that's why I only forked out for a 2ml sample. It is nice, lasting but not overpowering. In time when my scent stash level is diminished I'll definitely consider buying some of this, or maybe requesting it for Christmas, perhaps.

Tom Ford Private Blend

Or, looking at the price of this, maybe not...

Gairdner said:
Helveticum said:

In which case should it not be re-labelled as Pistralon.

UKRob said:
Gairdner said:
Helveticum said:

In which case should it not be re-labelled as Pistralon.

:icon_lol:

jds said:
Helveticum said:
Didn't know Tom Ford did after shaves as well! That one must be a bit steep on price..

Very steep... that's why I only forked out for a 2ml sample. It is nice, lasting but not overpowering. In time when my scent stash level is diminished I'll definitely consider buying some of this, or maybe requesting it for Christmas, perhaps.

Tom Ford Private Blend

Or, looking at the price of this, maybe not...

Yeah but that's EDP, not AS, what am I missing? :huh:
Love Private Blend myself (especially Bois Marocain), but not ready just yet to get the full bottle.

Back
Top Bottom