Personna 74's

Hiya,

I've used those Personna74s and yeah, they do tend to last longer than the currently made blades I've tried. I have a habit of usually tossing blades after four shaves but I kept on with the Personna an extra two shaves. Probably coulda done more without a problem, but I get antsy after using a blade that many times. Heh, however that's kinda changed, since trying some old blades like a Schick Plus Platinum will give me eight very good shaves with no need to switch to a new one. The Personna woulda probably been the same. Think I'll try one tomorrow and continue with it till it dulls. Oh yeah, from what I've read, 10-12 shaves isn't uncommon for some members to get from one of these blades.

Tony, if you wanna try one yourself, there's already a pack of those in your neck of the woods being sampled. I can ask the member to post em to you and then you can send em back to me after snagging a blade for yourself. These are one of my very favorites of a Golden Era.

These old DE blades are really fun. Very sharp....between an Iridium and Feather, with the forgiving Iridium nature. That's one reason people will spend $2 or more per blade. These are actually almost a little too sharp for me unless I dial my adjustable down one setting.........then it's magical.

Martin

These blades were included on the house with a small Wilkinson blade lot I won recently. The seller got a nice thank you note from me.......

Attachments

• Personna74.jpg
    Personna74.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom