Peppercorn sauce.

Got a beautiful sauce that comes from Britain's finest chef, Marco Pierre White. Put half a small bottle of worcester sauce into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer then reduce by half. Add about three quarters of a small pot of double cream and stir well. Taste and add more if you think it necessary. (Remember that you can always add more but can't take away.) I add some green peppercorns and a swig of brandy. Marco is a great advocate of using ready-made ingredients such as worcester & tomato sauce and this tasted gorgeous.

Boab said:
lol Tony you old cynic, I hear all the michelin star chefs use stock cubes...

Cynic moi?! I was really expecting Worcester sauce to be owned by Unilever. Here's the whole steak au poivre recipe by MPW...a bit too swimming in it for my taste but I might give it a go, last time I used a chicken Knorr stock cube it was rank so I had to find some old school unidentifiably chicken stock cubes with plenty of artificial flavourings, colouring and MSG.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFhPOsC1eFI[/video]

Ha ha. He was actually the first British chef to gain 3 michelin stars and, at the time was the youngest recipient of 3 stars. He also holds the distinction of being the only chef to hand back his stars to michelin saying that he didn't want them. Some might say he was selling out by advertising stock cubes but wouldn't you, given the colossal financial benefit he no doubt gained. I love the fella, given that he doesn't give a monkeys what people think of him and why should he, given that he trained Gordon Ramsay & Heston Blumenthal. He certainly isn't one of the seemingly hundreds of poncy bellends that crowd the telly these days.

Jel999 said:
In his book he makes no mention of a stock cube & I can see it ruining it, to be honest. FYI Marco doesn't have any michelin stars.

You've answered the question yourself about selling out. There are a thousand and one items MPW could have put his name to for some extra lucre but pretending to use and like stock cubes shouldn't have been one of them.

Back
Top Bottom