Penhaligons outlet stores: Worth a trip?

I love Penhaligons stuff but it's hard for me to justify buying retail in London, as I suspect that spending £80 on a small cologne may result in removal of body parts by my good lady.

I see that they have an outlet in Bicester and that's only an hour from me. I know some here have been to the York outlet, so how are they on price? Is it a big mark down, or is it a small discount that isn't worth the journey?

I'm particularly after shower gel and cologne, I hear they sometimes sell sets.

Ta!

Definitely give them a ring...prices might have increased since I last ordered but cologne was two for £50 and postage was a fiver, depends if you fancy a sniff and a trip I suppose.

Yes I do fancy a sniff as I might try a new one, been using Blenheim Bouquet but I hear good things about Raquets and English Fern.

Were those colognes the 50ml? I'd guess so at that price, but that's still a huge bargain.

I bought a 500ml . . . that's 500ml bottle of Blenheim Bouquet EDT for £50 !!!

No brainer, get yoursen down there, take a holdall.

I use the Bicester store, they will post items to you if you call and ask for current offers. Last time they were doing 2 bottles for £50. It is worth a visit to the outlet place though, Loccitane is practically next door to Pens and have some decent offers on cade.

As I mentioned in the acquisitions thread, I got 100ml bottles of Blenheim Bouquet and Endymion by phone from the York outlet last week, £55 the pair. With postage it was about £62.50, delivered the next day by courier.

I'm sure the boxes are lovely, but they ain't worth £52.50 each to me.

Canuck said:
I love Penhaligons stuff but it's hard for me to justify buying retail in London, as I suspect that spending £80 on a small cologne may result in removal of body parts by my good lady.

I see that they have an outlet in Bicester and that's only an hour from me. I know some here have been to the York outlet, so how are they on price? Is it a big mark down, or is it a small discount that isn't worth the journey?

I'm particularly after shower gel and cologne, I hear they sometimes sell sets.

Ta!

I went to the York one a few weeks ago (Again! lol) and they had various sets of both Mens and Womens EDTs/Colognes + Bath and Shower Gel 300ml100ml for £45 a set.

The ones that I know that they definitely had in sets were Blenheim, Endymion and Artemis (Ladies) as we bought these but there were several others, I just can't remember which.

As for the EDT/Colognes they are indeed 2 for £55 and have just about everything in. They don't tend to have English Fern EDT though but they do sell the aftershave splash for £33 a bottle and it is boxed too.

If you give them your e-mail address when you pay, then they give you an extra 10% too.

There was also a cracking deal on when we went last but was unfortunately due to end the following day, if you spent £100 you got a free 100 ml bottle of aftershave or cologne (Mens or Womens)! I can't move for the stuff in the bathroom now! :)

Other deals that i can remember, pack of 3 Douro soaps £10, 200ml Blenheim Shampoo or 200ml Shower gel, 2 for a tenner.

Back
Top Bottom