Penhalignon's Edinburgh

I drove through to Edinburgh today, and after reading about Pens on here (I was none the wiser abut them previously) I decided to pop in and have a sniff of one or two of there fragrances. I was intrigued by the Juniper Sling. I was met by a slightly eccentric, scratch that, mad as a mongoose, all tatoos, tweed plus fours and yellow socks, young chap, but delightful, knowledgable and extremely helpful.
He steered me through their range. I decided on a bottle of Sartorial, my uneducated pallette cannot pick out any of the notes listed on their website but all I know is I love it!
I wasn't too impressed, straight off, with the Juniper Sling but my tour guide told me that I should stick with it because it grows on you. So he gave me two generous sized sample bottles of it along with two of each Douro eau de Portugal and English Ferns, the latter I was torn between and my eventual purchase.
I popped in for a sniff out of curiosity and came out educated and converted. Their little shop on George Street is a must visit if your in the city. Their level of service is unequalled in my opinion. I assume all their stores will offer the same service. I definitely will be a repeat customer.

Sm304 said:
I drove through to Edinburgh today, and after reading about Pens on here (I was none the wiser abut them previously) I decided to pop in and have a sniff of one or two of there fragrances. I was intrigued by the Juniper Sling. I was met by a slightly eccentric, scratch that, mad as a mongoose, all tatoos, tweed plus fours and yellow socks, young chap, but delightful, knowledgable and extremely helpful.
He steered me through their range. I decided on a bottle of Sartorial, my uneducated pallette cannot pick out any of the notes listed on their website but all I know is I love it!
I wasn't too impressed, straight off, with the Juniper Sling but my tour guide told me that I should stick with it because it grows on you. So he gave me two generous sized sample bottles of it along with two of each Douro eau de Portugal and English Ferns, the latter I was torn between and my eventual purchase.
I popped in for a sniff out of curiosity and came out educated and converted. Their little shop on George Street is a must visit if your in the city. Their level of service is unequalled in my opinion. I assume all their stores will offer the same service. I definitely will be a repeat customer.

Not all im afraid to say, although i will mention the Regent St, Wellington St and the new one they have opened at Blue Water have all been a pleasure to visit.

Back
Top Bottom