PayPal 'Gift'

Was reading a thread on BST this morning about a high value sale offer and this phrase was being bandied about a bit.

I use PayPal for ebay but can someone please explain what the 'gift' bit is all about relating to trading on here.

Thanks

a gift means you have very little comeback in case something goes wrong

fine if you trust someone...but for strangers and big money its not wise

exactly what it says...a gift

Like Olvin said, you have no comeback with Paypal if something goes wrong with your purchase, you just have to hope that the seller is honest and reliable, loads of us do our payments on here this way and i have yet to have a problem with anyone :D

the only other thing a "Gift" payment does is that it means there are no fees to be paid buy the seller to paypal.

If you pay with your paypal balance and send a gift payment, neither the seller or the buyer pay a fee, but if you use a credit or debit card to do it, there will be a fee but paid for buy the buyer only.

I think this is correct anyway

Steve

FrenchBlade said:
Not exactly, I when you send a paypal gift, you do pay fees, it's the recipient that doesn't pay them.

I sent 10 gbp to someone here as a "gift", and it cost me 10,05 gbp.

Max

The 5p is to convert the money i think ;)

Scorpio said:
FrenchBlade said:
Not exactly, I when you send a paypal gift, you do pay fees, it's the recipient that doesn't pay them.

I sent 10 gbp to someone here as a "gift", and it cost me 10,05 gbp.

Max

The 5p is to convert the money i think ;)
No, I have both a euro and GBP balance on Paypal, it came out of the GBP balance. (both have money in them)

iruLL.png

Max

Back
Top Bottom