Parker 91c

Bought this Parker 91C the other day as a standby/ travel razor and tried it out this morning. Didn't realise what a savage little brute it was, and to compound the error, fitted it with a new Feather blade. Normally I use Feathers with a Futur set at 3 or 4 which is quite aggressive in anyone's books, and always have a smooth time, no nicks or grazing.
However, I soon realised that the Parker is not for the faint hearted, and although taking it very gently, had to abandon it and switch to the Merkur for the final pass. Ended up with a few nicks and some irritation on the lower lip area. Next time will try it with a less aggressive blade and see if that tames the beast.:icon_cry2:

Certainly is. I had one. After a year or so when I was screwing the head and baseplate onto the handle the thread sheered off at the head and remains stuck in the handle. Be careful and precise when tightening!

Actually I think mine was a 91r. Not sure if it helps

Parker TTOs are good shavers - close and smooth, perhaps a little mild so can take a sharp blade.

I don't have a single Parker three-piece handle still fitted with a Parker head - due to the aggressive geometry you have discovered. Blood thirsty little feckers! Nice handles, though!

Bechet45 said:
Parker TTOs are good shavers - close and smooth, perhaps a little mild so can take a sharp blade.

I don't have a single Parker three-piece handle still fitted with a Parker head - due to the aggressive geometry you have discovered. Blood thirsty little feckers! Nice handles, though!

The handle is really good. Think I'll look for another head for it, 'cos I don't think I,m going to use it much as is.:icon_sad:

Back
Top Bottom