Pal Injector

I won a Pal Injector off the bay and it arrived this morning. It is in A1 condition so a quick simple green ,soapy water ,toothpaste and ultrasonic blast and it was ready to raze. There was an injector containing blades in the case so I put one in and had a go. The shave was a bit tuggy and I was blaming the decades old blades but when I found the angle I got a very nice first shave with this magpie attracting glittery piece of shaving jewellery. I assume the injector blades from Connaught for the Schick will fit the Pal with no bother????

Its called a Pal Golden injecto-matic razor on the outer sleeve and the instruction sheet in the case give the address as 26 -28 Bedford Row, London, WC1. It has a black/grey handle and a bright bright gold head,and the razor looks as if it has only given a couple of blades worth of shaves, as I put a blade in and there are still a couple left in the 'magazine', as they call it in the instructions. I only paid £4 odds for it and I am very pleased with my first injector. It'll go next to my Parade Junior in the gold/ brass section of the shaving department in the bathroom cupboard...

The second shave with the Pal was a complete nightmare of tug and pull, so I had to finish it with the featherweight which has a Gem blade on the 6th shave in it, and it made a far better job all together...

Greetings

There is nothing at all wrong with those razors but you did very well to endure a shave with those old blades, especially if they were (as I suspect, original blued carbon blades?)

I found that they pulled like a train but if you could stand the pulling (I will not use the gentler word tug) and if you could see in the mirror for the tears in your eyes the end result was actually quite a close shave!

You are clearly; in London speak, an 'ard man (silent 'H')

PS The blades from Connaughts will feel like silk compared to those abominations!

Regards
Dick.

The Wasp said:
Its called a Pal Golden injecto-matic razor on the outer sleeve and the instruction sheet in the case give the address as 26 -28 Bedford Row, London, WC1. It has a black/grey handle and a bright bright gold head,and the razor looks as if it has only given a couple of blades worth of shaves, as I put a blade in and there are still a couple left in the 'magazine', as they call it in the instructions. I only paid £4 odds for it and I am very pleased with my first injector. It'll go next to my Parade Junior in the gold/ brass section of the shaving department in the bathroom cupboard...

It's a nice razor. Shame you can't get on with it ... but it could well be the blades.

While you're looking at brass, there's a 3G Service Set from GEM with a bakelite slim handle on a brass head in a black case. Worth looking out for.

Back
Top Bottom