PAA Prismatic Razor

The razor being reviewed:

https://phoenixartisanaccoutrements...azor-a-modern-take-on-a-classic-nickel-plated

I received mine rapidly from the co. just in time for an AM shave. First, it is well made and I saw no blatant flaws and the nickel finish is good. It is a curious lil' bugger, for sure. I loaded up a new Astra SP as I do for all 1st shaves with a new razor to be objective as it's the closest thing there is to a "benchmark" blade IMO. After a shower I used Mike's Soaps shave soap and went at it.

Let me state off the bat that never have I used a DE razor with such audible feedback. Remember as well that I don't have good hearing to boot. The first few strokes were simply marvelous as was the rest of the shave. Since everyone wants an aggression comparison I will offer my opinion, but remember this is based on just one shave with two days beard growth. I would rate it right at a Canadian pre-war Tech or Schick Krona with more blade "feel", for lack of a better term. In some manner it actually felt a hair more aggressive. Again, I need more shaves with this to solidify everything.

IMO, it is worth the money as it shaves wonderfully plus the fact that the blade "feel" is very different, obviously due to the different design. If you like a medium aggressive shave with incredible tactile feedback this DE is for you. As well, if you want something different than the myriad of Merkur/EJ DE89 clones buy one. YMMV.

I3rd2iL.jpg

Hy2bEUn.jpg

N9mSI8W.jpg

Last edited:
I have now used it three times, the 2nd with a Gillette Goal Super Platinum & the 3rd with a Brazilian Gillette Platinum Plus blades. This is a wonderful medium-aggressive DE razor and if you like the Krona & the Tech then you will love this. ;)

Thumbs up.

Back
Top Bottom