Order

Quick question:

Looking through shave of the day posts people tend to put the ASB on after AS (lotion, cologne???) . Is this correct, I would usually put balm on as a cool down, healer type thing and follow with an aftershave eau de toilette etc as the scent of that is what I want for the day/ evening.

Or am I reading/doing it wrong?

No right or wrong.

I do as first, always, then asb.

But I know many people here do the opposite.

Also few do the following: they mix as and asb in palm, rub palms a bit, then apply onto face.

Thanks for the reply,

for the mixing scenario I take it that would be with an unscented balm and a scented AS?

Or is the mixing of 2 scented items an experiment in creating an exciting new realm of smells????? This could get complicated, so many combos so little time!!!!! :lol:

If I put moisturiser or balm on the it tends to go on first, I'll then finish off with a splash of something or maybe an EDT. I don't really use scented balms or moisturiser. But as Konstantinos says, there's really no right or wrong answer.

The mixing scenario works very well if you put an After Shave Lotion and an After Shave Cream (i.e. not a balm). This creates something like a light balm.

Now on mixing scents, anything goes. I've never done it, I prefer straight product use and if I put After Shave Lotion then the After Shave Balm has to be either similar (not identical) type of scent or neutral. Mind you that I never mix both in palm, so on mixing perhaps others could advise.

I often mix an AS and ASB and find it really effective. I don't like the stinging sensation from some alcohol based AS so by mixing I get the soothing/astringent side of the AS without the sting.

The other day I mixed a few drops of Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood AS and The Art of Shaving Sandalwood ASB and it worked great!

Experimenting is one thing that makes this whole thing so fun!

Either one of these will do fine..one is a nice cologne..the other aftershave..both made by ClubMan

Blades

Attachments

• IMG_0113.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 54
If the AS you are intending to use is alcohol based, then it makes sense put a balm on first to coat the skin and reduce the burn of the AS coming next. If the AS is witch hazel based then it won't matter which goes on first.

Personally I always put the balm on first, as it soothes and moisturises the freshly shaved skin.

But that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom