Omega Boars

If you have some Proraso Pre/Post then make a solution out of that and sit the brush in it overnight. That's what I did, but I'm sure you could use any strong smelling substance. Dare I suggest toothpaste mixed in to water? I can't see how that would adversely affect the bristles and the mintiness would take away the bad smell.

Pig Cat said:
JaseB said:
Just got an omega boar from Paul. Any tips for 'breaking it in'?

If it's anything like my Semogue boar then you'll need to bear with it for at least a couple of weeks. Even if you're normally a face-latherer I think using a bowl will help to both soften and rough up the hairs. Soak it in hot water for a few minutes before you shave too. I can't say scientifically why this helps, but the basic idea is to exaggerate its use to get turn it in to a lather-machine as soon as possible.

There are quite a few boars...er I mean boar-users...here so hopefully you'll get more advice too! ;)

I believe the hair used in the Omega and Semogues are slightly different. The Semogue seems to use a slightly thicker grade of hair which tends to be a little stiffer and takes a little longer to break in than the Omega brushes I own. Has anybosy tried the Omega 31064? For me at least I think this is one of the best boars going.

Back
Top Bottom