Old memories

Got my 6th birthday recorded on VHS,as time goes by I fear that the tape may degrade and eventually become useless,what's the best way to have it transferred to a CD or a hard drive?any help would be appreciated

There are companies online that do analog to digital conversion. Some photo shops offer it. Or just buy yourself an analog to digi converter for about £ 15 on eBay and do it yourself. If you get really stuck. I have a converter and can do it for you.

Steve ;)

sunburyboy93 said:
There are companies online that do analog to digital conversion. Some photo shops offer it. Or just buy yourself an analog to digi converter for about £ 15 on eBay and do it yourself. If you get really stuck. I have a converter and can do it for you.

Steve ;)

That's very kind of you Steve,I think photoshops are out of the question as they're all closing down,this ana to digi converter,do you need to link you pc to your VHS recorder?

Cheers
James

I done a few with a cheapy dvd recorder a while back.

Play the tape on the vcr, stick the scart into the dvd recorder and hit record, no pc required.

If it's just the one tape it might be worth getting one of the photo services to do it, from inquiring about cinefilm reels a while back they will give you a quote based on time/length of tape.

Don't forget the youtube upload and forum link.

Back
Top Bottom