Olagalla bay rum sandalwood

Just received some Olagalla bayrum with sandalwood and its rather nice - never tried any bayrum stuff before, but sort of knew what it was going to smell like already? Anyway wanted to try some of Steves one but it had all sold out but managed to get hold of this - maybe next batch if this means I will like BR?

Used yesterday and was looking forward to a kick but didnt seem to get any - maybe it was down to the proraso preshave, then hot/cold wash after shave.

One thing I like about this is that it smells of old school ingredients, a bit medicinal and different from what I 'used' to go for which was citrus, fresh, summer type smells.

Im certainly starting to like these 'other' options in smells that have opened up! Currently considering one or two last startup AS purchases - maybe some 4711 (for the old citrus slant) and then maybe some Floid or some Dr Harris Windsor?

I know this has been said before, but it is weird because this is getting a bit addictive

I love the Ogallala range of scents... I invested in the sampler back before Christmas and love them. I also love Sunbury Boy's Bay Rum too. Lovely stuff.

You mention 4711.. love that too and Floid (I have "The Genuine", but am craving the black, for reasons I can't really work out, as I never had a sniff of it!!)

[/align]

Maguires was the sole importer and I have contacted Ogallala to see if I could aquire some for our store but they said I had to buy from Maguires, but they only replied once to say yes i could buy from them then never replied again, even though Ogallala have forwarded my info to them as a wholesale customer. Just keep going round in circles so I gave up.
If only all companies were like Simpsons, 1 email and all set to buy! How hard can it be!

I think your experience with Ogallala is the same as a couple of people who have tried since Maguires went bust or whatever happened.

Can't fly it in because of alcohol regulations and Ogallala won't sell it wholesale. I'm guessing that Maguires have not paid their final bill and everything is on hold whilst that legal contract tangle is sorted.

So where did you get yours, Hodda? You read like you are UK based..

Bechet45 said:
I think your experience with Ogallala is the same as a couple of people who have tried since Maguires went bust or whatever happened.

Can't fly it in because of alcohol regulations and Ogallala won't sell it wholesale. I'm guessing that Maguires have not paid their final bill and everything is on hold whilst that legal contract tangle is sorted.

So where did you get yours, Hodda? You read like you are UK based..

Ha ha sorry no special loophole or stash to sell, found on the bay from a random seller who didn't like it. Would love to try another or be able to replace as its nice - might have to settle for a different bay run next

Back
Top Bottom